Washing machine

Living in Sydenham and looking for a gardener, flat or whatever? Advertise free here
SydenhamOwl

Washing machine

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Can anyone recommend someone who can disconnect (then later reconnect) a washing machine for me? I'm getting the floor relaid in my kitchen but will need to move the washine machine first. The place I used when I got it installed (on the High Street) seems to have shut down and is empty. Any suggestions welcome.
Parker1970

Re: Washing machine

Post by Parker1970 »

Progas on Sydenham High street will do that I am sure. My lettings agent use them for everything and they have always sorted everything in my flat, sure they can do this too.
mosy

Post by mosy »

You could ask Sydenham DIY Tel: 020 8776 7020 near Sydenham station as they're affiliated with a plumbing shop and one or the other could probably offer a name.

Assuming it might well take two visits, perhaps check pricing first in case an hourly minimum charge would apply.

I'm surprised a flooring company or flooring fitter person doesn't recommend or have a plumber or handyman (since it's not rocket science) to co-ordinate with for such occasions. After all, you can't be the only one who has a washing machine in their kitchen.
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

mosy wrote:You could ask Sydenham DIY Tel: 020 8776 7020 near Sydenham station as they're affiliated with a plumbing shop and one or the other could probably offer a name.

Assuming it might well take two visits, perhaps check pricing first in case an hourly minimum charge would apply.

I'm surprised a flooring company or flooring fitter person doesn't recommend or have a plumber or handyman (since it's not rocket science) to co-ordinate with for such occasions. After all, you can't be the only one who has a washing machine in their kitchen.
Thanks both for your responses. I haven't actually asked the flooring shop yet so will do when I book it it in. If not, will check out the other suggestions. Progas have serviced my boiler a couple of times so they may be a good option!
Hissing Syd

Post by Hissing Syd »

To be perfectly honest, it's an easy job - you could do it yourself. If you haven't got the manual then try Googling, but essentially it's just connecting a red hose and a blue one.

Good luck in any case.
SydenhamOwl

Post by SydenhamOwl »

Hissing Syd wrote:To be perfectly honest, it's an easy job - you could do it yourself. If you haven't got the manual then try Googling, but essentially it's just connecting a red hose and a blue one.

Good luck in any case.
Spoken by somone who clearly hasn't witnessed me trying to do DIY. I'l call an expert, but thanks for the tip.
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Any handyperson could do this.
Biggest problem would be shifting the weight of the machine as they put concrete in the base to stabilise the machines when they spin (actually read recently that a v young science apprentice has invented a bladder so that in future water could replace this weight - huge carbon and £ savings from shipping new units).

You only need to know how to locally isolate the water supply and then change the supply hose. My waste hose just pops inside a larger waste hose but yours may be connected more robustly.

Pay 5 mins attention when the person attends and you could save yourself endless grief if you ever have a leak.