5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Joe Pineapples

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Joe Pineapples »

In for 24th
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

In for weds plus 1
samholloway1

Post by samholloway1 »

Count me IN for the 24th as well :)

Have a good weekend all.

Sam.
Mikeb

Post by Mikeb »

Im in
triles

Post by triles »

I'm in for 24th
Tim
mickfitz

Post by mickfitz »

In for weds

Mick F
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

In so far:
1. Ray S
2. GEX_SE26
3. biscuitman1978
4. bengidney
5. Jack
6. dunebuggy
7. Pks
8. Joe Pineapples
9. JMLF
10. JMLF's +1
11. samholloway1
12. Mikeb
13. triles
14. mickfitz

Any more?
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

In for Wednesday
Frankohara

Post by Frankohara »

Out this week
Frank
Petermolga

Post by Petermolga »

In for Wednesday

Pete
AlistairStark

Post by AlistairStark »

In for Weds., Ali.
Jari

Post by Jari »

Count me in for this week (24th) if there's space
Alexgill44

Post by Alexgill44 »

HI chaps, been 4 months since I last played as been nursing an injury non both my knees! Not certain that I'm ready to come back to playing for the full hour but would love to come down and get 20-30 minutes of playing in at some point. Let me know if coming down as a "sub" would be alright doesn't have to be this week.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Not sure what everyone else thinks but I think 7-a-side with a rolling sub for each team is pretty much perfect and that maybe there should/could be a cap on numbers? Just think the few times recently it's been 7-a-side with 2 subs per team or 8-a-side with a sub can be a bit much (either lack of space or being constantly off/on pitch). Dunno what others think and obviously numbers can e up and down/im generally of the more the merrier is best but just wondered What others thought?..
Jari

Post by Jari »

Not sure what everyone else thinks but I think 7-a-side with a rolling sub for each team is pretty much perfect and that maybe there should/could be a cap on numbers? Just think the few times recently it's been 7-a-side with 2 subs per team or 8-a-side with a sub can be a bit much (either lack of space or being constantly off/on pitch). Dunno what others think and obviously numbers can e up and down/im generally of the more the merrier is best but just wondered What others thought?..
in case this is helpful, I use a (free) website called http://footyaddicts.co.uk/ to organise some games at Goals on Thursday nights - everyone signs up and pays for the game in advance on there, so it's a great way of keeping tab on numbers in a fair way. It's also useful for sorting out payments in advance (which means people who commit to playing to a game are less likely to pull out or just not show up on the night), although you can make the game pay on the day if you prefer.

I've found it makes the games a lot easier to arrange and can highly recommend it. i know the organisation has been working great on here for ages but just thought i'd mention it in case you'd be interested in checking it out.

hope that's helpful

p.s. if anyone misses out on the Wednesday night games because there's no space, you'd be more than welcome to come to our Thursday game if there's a spot - although they do tend to get full up quite quickly
bengidney

Post by bengidney »

Apologies but Ben and Jack are OUT tonight

IN for Wednesday 1st July!
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I've got to withdraw too unfortunately - apologies all.
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I've stepped in to look after our footie games while JimJeroo is away and have continued his preferred approach: to encourage all those who want to to come along. But in the last few weeks numbers have been very high, and I agree with JMLF that this can have a negative impact on the quality of the game.

Tonight we have 16, so I suggest that everyone comes along. We can discuss after the game whether we might take a more restrictive approach in future. Tonight's 16 are:
1. Ray S
2. GEX_SE26
3. biscuitman1978
4. dunebuggy
5. Pks
6. JMLF
7. JMLF's +1
8. samholloway1
9. Mikeb
10. triles
11. mickfitz
12. Middlesbrough
13. Petermolga
14. AlistairStark
15. Jari
16. Alexgill44

Many thanks to Jari for the http://footyaddicts.co.uk/ suggestion. It's definitely worth looking at, though I appreciate that people do sometimes need to drop out at short notice because of unexpected work and childcare commitments, and that's certainly a strength of the 'pay on the night' approach. Again, we can discuss after tonight's game.
Alexgill44

Post by Alexgill44 »

Hello again,

Great to see you've included me in tonight, as said before I won't be able to play the full hour as I'd do myself harm but rolling sub would be great I'm sure I can manage 30 minutes all together. so would we do 7 v 7 and a sub on each, from passed i know that space wise 8 on 8 is tricky!
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Alexgill44 wrote:Hello again,

Great to see you've included me in tonight, as said before I won't be able to play the full hour as I'd do myself harm but rolling sub would be great I'm sure I can manage 30 minutes all together. so would we do 7 v 7 and a sub on each, from passed i know that space wise 8 on 8 is tricky!
Noted! I'm sure our Technical Director (JMLF) will take this into account when he picks the teams.