5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Sunday the 10th is a Yes from me...

anything after the 15th of May will be subject to review form me nearer the time as my shift pattern changes and I have no idea what days/times I'll be working...
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

My brother is interested in playing too. Provided that being a Balham-ite doesn't make him ineligible for selection!! He may also be able to drum up some further interest amongst his work colleagues too.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier. Like i said there is likely to be a couple of pints afterwards.
The crucial thing is to get the first match underway/booked and hopefully the rest will follow as things get into more of a routine (if there are additional matches)

I'll let you know at the weekend to ensure there are no more pm's/messages etc, and to confirm kick-off time and date.

Cheers for the support.

Ali B
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Monday, Wednesday and Sunday evenings are good for me.
Frangipan

Post by Frangipan »

My other half is interested too - I'll check dates with him and update.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Hi ALIB, I have another recruit so that is me + 2 at the moment. If I get any more before the end of the day I'll let you know.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

OK, i'm still going to aim for May 10th (Sunday) , probably 3pm kick-off (or whatever i can get)

The site i'm going for is Beckenham North
http://www.goalsfootball.co.uk/CentreDe ... ranchId=48

I won't know the precise details until early May, as you can only book a week in advance. When i put up the details, can you let me know your availability?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Ahem.

As more of a Franco Baresi or a Giuseppe Bergomi [the ball may pass, the player may pass but they shall not pass together] than an Alan Hansen I'd love to throw my hat into the ring...

In the words of the indomitable Mr Humphries...I'm free!

Please let me know.
Last edited by Ulysses on 18 Apr 2009 07:08, edited 1 time in total.
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

Give me a few weeks to get over a whiplash injury and I might give it a go. My back's a mess at the moment, my knees are shot and pace/skill were never there so I can't have lost it but if you want someone to fly/trot/crawl up the left wing and chuck crosses in (before chucking up) I'm your man.

(p.s. welcome back Greg)
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

just go goal keeper. hahah!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I just need to check on two things...

1) I'm meant to be visiting friends in Geneva some weekend in early May. I don't think it's that one - I'll check with the better half who booked flights etc.

2) I've got a Fulham season ticket [don't ask] so I'll check on clashes.

I pretty sure I'm OK but perhaps I should check and get back to you? Sorry. I should have done that before posting.

nork1 - I'm loving your description! I don't think you'll be the only one needing more than just oranges at half-time! I hope you recover from the whiplash soon enough.

I've played at 'goals' in Hanger Lane-ish. Forget exactly where it is but somewhere around there. From painful experience I'd recommend jogging bottoms irrespective of the weather (astro-turf pitches)...
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Of course, that's assuming it's all going ahead and I'm allowed to play? Very presumptive of me.

If you've already got a team then I understand.
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

yes I'd be up for this .. great idea.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

"OK, i'm still going to aim for May 10th (Sunday) , probably 3pm kick-off (or whatever i can get)

The site i'm going for is Beckenham North

I won't know the precise details until early May, as you can only book a week in advance. When i put up the details, can you let me know your availability?"

As per my previous post above, I will announce the details in early May.

EVERYONE is welcome- there are no exclusions.

This will hopefully be the start of something regular so there may be teething problems for the first match, but these will be sorted. I would rather too many turn up for the first match so we get an idea of who'll be up for another. We can always do substitutes or have two half-hour matches in the event of a lot of people turning up.
Any problems can therefore be factored into future bookings.

And don't forget to bring your purse/wallet for the odd shandy afterwards.

Next update will be at the start of May.

Ali B
southernmoose

Mixed team?

Post by southernmoose »

Hi Alib,

Not sure I'll be able to make it, but am wondering if women can play too or whether you're looking to form a single-sex squad?

cheers,

Southermoose
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

There are no exclusions. Anyone is welcome.

Just don't show me up
:D

Ali B
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

women!?!?! *cough splutter*

they'll be wanting the vote next!
southernmoose

Footie

Post by southernmoose »

:wink: I like your style Ali B!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Right , it's all booked. 3pm kick off on Sunday May 10th (please turn up 15 minutes before kick off). Total cost of £41.50
We can 'rent' a football from the centre or bring our own. I'll have a think about shirt colours, or getting flourescent sashes to help distinguish sides.

Everyone welcome and a few beers afterwards would be good.

Ali B
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

i'm insecure. Where's the support?

Please tell me I haven't thrown away £41.50