5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

OK, Beckenham have backed-down over the money
(I can be quite charming when i don't lose my rag)

We can start with a clean slate for the 24th.
Sorry about tonight Trickster, but i just didn't want the additional hassle if not enough people turn up.

I can understand people have better things to do on a Wedensday evening, but I think what I want to do when we meet on the 24th, is ask for money up front for the next booking. There are people who are keen on keeping it weekly, people who do random shift work, and then social commitments get in the way.

We can either do this one game in advance, else a block of 3-5 weeks.

I am cack at working these things out, so if anyone knows of a system that works for keeping tabs on bookings and monies, then please feel free to suggest.
parklife

Post by parklife »

see you on the 24th
will also give you money in advance for next game
Thanks for organising this
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

BUMP

reminder
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I'm still up for this....whats the final numbers?
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

i think we have 10 , plus any others
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

I can play tomorrow if you need another. I know Biscuitman1978 so he can show me the way.
parklife

5 a side footie Wednesday 24 June

Post by parklife »

Am writing this unbeknown to my husband AKA Parklife. He intends joining you guys tomorrow evening. In 4 years I have never seen him run faster than a stagger to get last orders. Please be gentle with him !! If not I will have to spend my evening drinking G & T in the bar to watch over him being anihilated ( excuse spelling ) My sport consists of working full time, cooking, ironing and cleaning so hence maybe his need to prove himself on the football pitch. Good luck to you all. PS what's the average age ??
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

What time are we kicking off?
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

All are welcome.

Kick off is 8pm, so it would be good to arrive 10 minutes early. We loiter around the entrance to the building

Average age , i don't have a clue. I guess i am near (or at the top) of the age list at 40 years old. Everyone else looks younger/fitter. Then again, Scott is meant to be joining us this evening, and his physique is perhaps more suited to WWF wrestling, whilst I'm more of an old school 'Big Daddy'.

Costs looks like it's gonna be around £6 each, depending on who finally turns up. The centre also has a bar, so best bring some money for a refreshing beer afterwards

Weather forecast is sun, sun and more sun.

(I have a new camera, so no cycling shorts or lycra)
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Ali - I'll See your 40 and raise you to 42.

Don't worry Mrs Parklife - we don't take it seriously and we often need to stop for a breather.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

The level of seriousness can be ascertained by the following statistics:

1) No-one has ever kept score
2) A free kick for a foul has never been given, though the last match we had our first ever free kick,....for handball.
3) Breaks are taken as agreed/required
If we have too many people tonight, we will alternate substitues to ensure everyone gets ample rest/time on the pitch

Marathon, I seriously doubted that anyone was older than me, or maybe I just age really badly.

And Thomas, a thong is not an acceptable item of clothing for the pitch. Please wear shorts or tracksuit bottoms.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

If you've got it, flaunt it I say.

I have borrowed Lambchop's mankini specially for tonight!
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Thomas wrote:If you've got it, flaunt it I say.

I have borrowed Lambchop's mankini specially for tonight!
I've just suddenly realised I'm busy.......throwing up....
scott.l.hamilton

Post by scott.l.hamilton »

This is the right location, correct?

Copers Cope Road
Beckenham
Kent
BR3 1NZ

And I would say a very out of shape wwf'er
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

scott.l.hamilton wrote:This is the right location, correct?

Copers Cope Road
Beckenham
Kent
BR3 1NZ

And I would say a very out of shape wwf'er
yep... and, no, you can't pick up the ball with your hands and you don't need a helmet :wink:
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

An in-depth summary and photos to follow before the weekend.

Thanks to the other 13 people who turned out this evening. Scott has come up with the suggestion that every match is £6 per person, regardless of numbers. Any excess will be used on the matches where a shortfall in numbers means we have to dip into the cash reserves.

I will continue to book only one week in advance, as August has the potential to see numbers drop dramatically, and indeed, where a match may not even be feasable.
I had enough positive feedback this evening to incline me to book ahead the Wednesday 1st July at 8pm. However, I am going to ask that people post ASAP their availability on this thread so I can gain confidence that people are going to turn up and to gauge numbers.

I need to know confirmed numbers ASAP

This will be routine for all future bookings as we enter the holiday period.

I hope the first-timers found the experience enjoyable and they will return for future fixtures.

As a final point, can I ask that people either post or PM me their real names. I will then circulate the list to the 5-a-side clique, so people don't get as confused as I am.

And wasn't the view from the bar really nice on such a warm summer's evening?
Last edited by ALIB on 25 Jun 2009 09:11, edited 2 times in total.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I'm afraid I'm a no for next week I'm afraid....and you know my real name right? :P
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

I think there are some semi-professional types who have invaded the non-bibs. A very pleasant evening. Some action shots below.

And Mrs Parklife,.....Mr Parklife was fine.

Last edited by ALIB on 11 Mar 2012 08:17, edited 2 times in total.
parklife

Post by parklife »

I'm on for next wednesday
Really good venue and loved having a beer on the pavillion steps watching the sunset

Dave
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Glad you enjoyed it Dave.

I still need responses for the 1st July, 8pm kick off. Many people expressed an interest yesterday, but I need to know numbers, just in case.

BTW, I think I have Chris's water bottle. It is opaque with an orange lid and an Evans Cycles Logo. Any claimant to the bottle will have to tell me what the design on the bottle is about. (there appears to be some residual liquid in the bottom but i will leave it intact, just in case it is needed.) ((and no-one should want residual liquid in their bottom))

Ali