5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

More than happy to give over my card details for the 7pitch...as are we all...

But Lem has a point. If he has to cajole us to know what sized pitch he needs to book each week [bearing in mind the agreement is PM Monday] then he gets f*cked off; as would I/we all...

Midday Tues is as sh*t/weak/full of blame as trying to arrange a social 48 hours ahead...
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

...and on that point I hope to God I being the organiser isn't going to jinx things.

Peace out.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Hey Ulysses, yep take your point about people confirming by Monday pm but I think we're either going to have to accept that if we want the maximum number of people (and for months we struggled to get even 10 on a regular basis), we're going to have to be a bit flexible or make a hard and fast rule that if you don't confirm by the deadline, you can turn up but you won't necessarily get a game.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Fair point, well made.

I think it's more vital than ever that we are swift with our responses (mia culpa this week) given 14 on a 10 pitch would be a nightmare...

We seem to average around the 12 mark; too big for a 5s pitch and not big enough for a 7s. But yes, rather this than scrabbling around for players. Were it not for you lot from Balham most weeks would have been cancelled.
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

So just to confirm (I'm obviously not paying attention) is it 7 aside tonight - in which case I'll be along; or still 5 aside - in which case I'll stay put. Easy either way but will attempt to get my name down more promptly next time ... someone let me know !

SB
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

We are booked on a 5s pitch. If 14 turn up then Biscuitman will attempt to upgrade to a 7s pitch. If we get 14 and we can play on a 7s then we’ll play 7s. If 14 turn up but we can’t get a 7s pitch then we’ll play 5s. With subs. Or 6s. Or maybe even 7s for a game of sardines.

I hope that clears the confusion up!
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Very good game tonight.

Who's in for next Wednesday? Please post your availability by Monday lunchtime. New players always welcome. I'm in.

And don't forget the social tomorrow night at the Dolphin. Hope to see you there.
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Yeah good game lastnight, superb rally from the bibs in the last 25, count me in for next week.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Also super-duper early this week; in for next Weds.

Really enjoyed last night. Hopefuly we can get enough for the 7s pitch next week...and with chrelcombe, parklife, droidathon, columbus and sydenhamboy all potentially back we might; fingers crossed!
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

I am in next week. 90% certain foot will be ok.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I'm in.
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm not around next week
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Soz about not turning up for the social last night, ended up in Lewisham Hospital for 5 hrs because one of my little darlings fell down our stairs ( no broken bones )........ Maybe we could do something during the world cup ?

Count me in for weds
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Enjoyed drinks on Thursday - thanks for sorting it, Ulysses. I'm in for this Wed...
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

ok doing it properly this time. Fingers crossed for 7 aside. Putting my name down nice and early!

SB
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

I'm in for wed.
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

Oh, and I also enjoyed
Wednesday night's get together
at the Dolphin. Nice work.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Count me in for Wednesday.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I'm in
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

A miracle has happened. I am saying yes to Weds and it's only Monday morning! See you there.
Trickster