5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
droidathon

footy this wednesday

Post by droidathon »

I am in!
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Ryan is definitely coming along. No word yet from Phil or Droid unfortunately.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I stand corrected.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Aidan is out (hand still badly bruised). Tarbs is in.

So that’s:
1. biscuitman1978
2. Swartie
3. Ulysses
4. Joe P
5. cyclesteve
6. chrelcombe
7. sydenhamboy
8. bazwaldo
9. Middlesbrough
10. Marathon
11. Trickster
12. Droidathon
13. Ryan
14. Tarbs
15. Columbus (facing late fitness test)

Seven-a-side pitch is booked for 8:30pm on Wednesday. See you in reception at 8:20pm. £6 each. Correct change appreciated.
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

Lem/Greg - I will be coming on Wednesday so if you want a lift just send me a text and i'll see you at 8.10 at mine.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

cyclesteve wrote:Soz about not turning up for the social last night, ended up in Lewisham Hospital for 5 hrs because one of my little darlings fell down our stairs ( no broken bones )........ Maybe we could do something during the world cup ?

Count me in for weds
OK Steve,

Your post got me to thinking...

As a N.Irishman [who sounds Scotch] I was wondering about the WC.

Think yourselves lucky as I've not seen my team make a WC since 1982...

So;

I make no assumption on people's plans for the WC (going to actual games/BBQs/watching elsewhere etc) but given my experience is fairly low key as a) Norn Iron aren't in it b) I ordinarily hate bars that show Sky Sports and c) I follow Spain due to club alleigances...

WHAT I am trying to say is maybe we should aim for the WC opener between Ing-Er-Lund and USA? It's a Saturday and perhaps a given for you lot so you might attend? It's an evening and supposing we can find a decent place within a 10 mile radius* that shows the footie I'd be up for it...

Others?

* The Dolphin mercifully does not show Sky Sports and I'm mainly a bit wary of places that do but open to suggestions. The Half Moon pub looks posh AND shows SkySports? An all too rare combination.

BTW - I'm not offering to necessarily organise but just floating the idea.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Fair point about viewing the world cup Ulysses, maybe somebody else could suggest a decent pub locally that doesn't have a spittoon or saw dust on the floor ......... ( rules the Bell out )
Swartie

The Sun Dream Team

Post by Swartie »

I've created a mini league on the Sun World Cup Dream team site, its called "Sydenham & Balham Conference" pin is "101414" password is "forum" get a team up, maybe we can have a pound or two on it and league winner takes the pot?

Cheers
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Good game tonight. Well done to the bibs who put in an excellent performance despite being a man down. I'm still revelling in the glory of my two (count 'em) goals.

Please post your availability for Wednesday 2 June 2010 by Monday lunchtime. New players always welcome. The standard is average, with flashes of brilliance and moments of despair. I'm in.

As for England vs USA, I'm up for that, but agree with cyclesteve that a local pub would be good. Any suggestions anyone?
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

Loved the big pitch.

I am IN for next week.

Phil, I have just joined the Sun mini league you created. Somehow failed to get Messi in my side, oh dear.
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Count me in Rich
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

In for next week.

Re: venues. The Capitol in Forest Hill might not be a bad shout. Not to everyone's taste (certainly not mine) but it's huge, cheap, big screens galore and air-conditioned...

Not a particularly great pub but as with The Montagu Pyke in town probably a cracking footy watching venue?
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I'm in for Wednesday.

Nice idea Ulysses but Swartie is having a barbie in Cheltenham for the opening game so we'll be there, rather than in London. But up for watching some other matches...
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Always open/up for other games Joe Pineapples. Think it'd be nice to get a decent crowd for the first as a) surely you boys will walk it b) it's a Sat night and c) I am not normally interested in the WC.

Anyhoo; hope you Balham boys have a good time up in Gloucester.

As for the Sydders lot, shall we aim for The Capitol?

Thoughts...even alternatives always welcome. The first person to suggest the ever awful Golden Lion pays my way next week!
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

Golden Lion is great.

But anyway, for football Capitol sounds good. I will come if around.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Columbus wrote:Golden Lion is great.

But anyway, for football Capitol sounds good. I will come if around.
Actually Chris, it's [Golden Lion] a great shout.

Given most of us live within spitting distance of the place it seems like folly to go elsewhere. The Captiol is really not worth the trek; if I'm being honest.
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

Hi all, a good work out this week. I'm in for next Wednesday (2nd).

Unfortunately I'm away for Eng-er-land v USA, only two weeks to go now!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Guys, you don't know me.

As you have an interest in football, i thought i would paste this message for you. If you can spare an hour on Monday, it would be appreciated, and probably a beer or two afterwards

"Crystal Palace FC are on the brink of being dissolved as interested parties struggle to find a mutually agreeable outcome to the clubs financial situation.
There is a fans rally at 3pm at Selhurst Park this Monday May 31st. We hope to get local and national press coverage as we seek to urge all involved parties not to wind-up the club.
This has local implications and raises wider issues in our national game.
You don't have to be a Palace fan to spare an hour, indeed we welcome wider support from any football club supporters. "

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=120719284629986
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Count me in, for Wednesday that is
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I Won't be playing this week