5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi again Ulysess

Forgot to say that you can also take it as an 'assumed' that nick will give us a lift , so come round to mine 20 minutes before kick off if you want a lift
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Apologies Parklife if Nick and yourself were waiting. I initally said to Nick I was coming back and we just then agreed to keep on playing! How fit are we - or not - as the subsequent pedestrian pace denoted!

Your post brings me neatly onto a slight bug-bear of mine. That of the 'friend of a friend'.

I'm sorry (and feel free to shoot me down if you see fit) but if you are keen to play and come along then please register...

It's not too huge an imposition (2 min job?) and a fairly understandable request but pitches have been booked and not needed as someone's mate has been counted and not turned up...with no recompense.

I'm not singling Nick or anyone out here as he's mainly always turned up when he said he would and a good player but as with others (Aidan being another)...if you're commited then please take >5 mins to register...

Then, at least, we hear about your attendance from the horses mouth...???

I guess what I am saying is if Nick/Aidan/Ryan (and others besides) want to play then is it too much to ask they register and tell us as much themselves?

Am I being too anal here? Probably.
droidathon

Footy on Wed 16...

Post by droidathon »

I am in for Footy next wednesday(16th). I'm afraid I'm out the next week (23rd) as I will be cycling up some mountains in Italy!

I agree it's a great idea to get a "match ball".

cheers

droidy.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I'll back you up Ulysses, about registering - would make things a lot more straightforward and not much of a commitment if you really wanna play.

It's a bit flash but how about we invest the 80 quid in the new swervetastic Adidas Jabulani ball? Give Droid a few problems in goal...
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

New ball -fine
People logging in-no great feeling either way

16th - i'll be there
23- also available if numbers
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi Ulysses

yes, I take your point.
I'm seeing Nick saturday for the game so will get him to register
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Afraid I'm out for the next 2 weeks (16th and 23rd)
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

Another fine tome from the boy Ulysses but I do agree with the point! :wink:

I'm in for next Wednesday, god that pitch felt big after 75 minutes...
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

bazwaldo wrote:Another fine tome from the boy Ulysses but I do agree with the point! :wink:

I'm in for next Wednesday, god that pitch felt big after 75 minutes...

Good use of the word "tome" ....... I is up for weds
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Re: match ball, unless there are any objectors I'll aim to get one this weekend. Think there's a 'Soccerworld' down here in Canterbury. I hope I'm not refused entry for not having every item of clothing in a not-so-subtle burberry check and sovereigns aplenty!

These chav door policies can be fairly rigidly enforced - just look at Croydon on a Saturday night!
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I'm in for next week. Alib bought some yellow vests out of the kitty last year. Not sue what he's done with them though.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Hi everyone. I did indeed buy some bibs out of the kitty from the pound shop in penge. I think i got 6 (£6).
On the first evenings trial everyone seemed to hate them as they were over-sized roadworkers vests. They much preferred biscuitmans orange (professional) elasticated bibs.

I still have the flourescent yellow bibs if you want to have them , but my own gut instinct was that people found them difficult to wear and produced excessive amounts of sweat and discomfort.

I'll let Ulysses have them and you can try them for yourselves
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Cheers Ali,

I'll give you a call to take a gander, maybe catch a WC game on the box whilst supping a few?

As I've said; I'm not out to change things it's just that the kitty can handle it so I thought rather than Lem's own personal stuff getting ruined we'd have our own gear.

I got the new ball. After seeing Green's calamity and Fat Frank spanking it into rowZ all night I decided against the new Jubalani ball...mercifully!
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Count me in for Wednesday.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Aidan is out this week, but hopes to return next week.

I have asked him to register on the boards, but don't hold you breath!
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I'm in.

Shame about the Jubalani ball but 'Pistol' Phil Swartz has got a repro one, so we can have a bat on that this week and see how it stacks up against a regular ball.
My prediction is we're not good enough to tell the difference.
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm in for this Wednesday (16th).

I'm out for 23rd as I will already have had a drink for the england match and, despite the fact that I play like I am p***ed most weeks, I am in fact sober...
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Count me in for this week
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I am in for Weds, cheers Trickster
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

In so far:

1) Ulysses
2) Biscuitman1978
3) Droidathon
4) Columbus
5) Joe Pineapples
6) Bazwaldo
7) CycleSteve
8) Marathon
9) Middlesborough
10) Swartie
11) Trickster

I'm going to hold off on the booking the pitch for an hour or two - I think - to see if we can get one more player [I've already hit up Rory, so to speak].

I'd like to book the 7s pitch and perhaps just for this week let the kitty take a slight hit and stick to £6. There's still about £60 left in it as I used ~£20 at the weekend.