5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Ulysses wrote:Re: bibs. I have found some that strike the balance of affordability/cofmort but the cheapest of these is £2.50 per vest. We'd only need 8 at most but let me know if you'll allow me to buy them? OR if you know of a better deal elsewhere?
They are very slightly cheaper per vest at Decathlon, but you have to buy packs of three:
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/pack-of-3 ... -86115485/

Either way I'm happy for you to buy them, and thanks for doing so.
Ulysses wrote:Regarding the kitty. Please be aware that even if we manage 14 players then at £6 each we are simply not even covering the cost of pitch hire for the 7-a-side. Please have a think about paying £7 IF we are on the 7s pitch...and £6 for if we play on the 5s.

I know I'd pay it as I just find that big pitch so much more fun. After the bibs I won't be looking to buy any more kit for us. I just think we may as well utilise the kitty when it's in such good nick.
Are you sure? 14 * £6 = £84. The seven-a-side pitch is £81 if you pay online or £83 if you pay on arrival. Or is my maths a bit dodgy?!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Erm...yeah. Scratch that point.

My thought process was that there have been a few occasions that we've wanted to play on the 7s when we haven't had the [14 players] numbers. Indeed I think going forward if we are 12 or more I'll book the 7s.

If we all pay £7 rather than £6 for the 'privilege' of the extra space then on certain occasions we can decide that the kitty can take the hit and perhaps only pay £6 that evening.

If that [now] makes sense.

A case of bumping up the kitty when times are good so that we have the flexibility on other weeks when we're fewer...

Take last night, if Fatbackfour and Matt hadn't come in late doors we would've been 11 players. Leaving a £17 shortfall.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I have no problem paying £ 7. Not yet sure about the 30th...I may be in France but will let you guys know soonest.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I thought about sharing my thoughts about the bibs but I won't as it would only be wasted! :P

I'm in for the 30th.

WRT the kitty - perhaps we should start to charge those that say they are available to play then either don't turn up or cry off at the last minute. I know it is a bit harsh particularly those with a genuine reason, But with such a large hit On the kitty if at least 14 don't turn up I think it is fair. if you buy a ticket for a gig then don't go you don't get your money back.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

This is how Hitler started...we'll be gassing gypsies next.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Marathon wrote:I thought about sharing my thoughts about the bibs but I won't as it would only be wasted! :P
No, let's hear them. I'm serious. Any and all input much appreciated.

All I'm thinking is that the William of Orange bibs are Lem's. Lem is great to let us use them but he may move away or for whatever reason and we're bibless. Ali bought the last lot from a £shop...I'm not after great or branded stuff - but anything that cuts through the blue/red hegemony and is visible is good by me. Although £shop stuff probably fails the barely acceptable standard in this regard.

Re: point 2. I've thought about charging for non-attendance. But I'm acutely aware of rocking the boat. We tend to average ~12 and by asking for £7 we can always play on the 7s pitch. Something I think people are increasingly keen to do each week. I didn't turn up a few weeks ago and I would've 'worn' a fee to be able to come the following week.

I just feel we need to protect the kitty and I am aware my splurges are putting dents in it. IF we are averaging 12 then £7 covers the pitch cost and any more bods attending bumps up the kitty...all good?

War and Peace out.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

You've asked for input, so, although I'm a relative newbie, here's my 2p:

£7 is still cheap for 90 mins' football, so I'd prefer to pay the extra and guarantee the bigger pitch. If the kitty reaches the dizzy heights of £70 and we don't need any kit, have a freebie game.

By the way, can't make 23rd as we have a free bar at work for the England match, but I should have recovered from the hangover in time for the 30th.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Matt (handy winger sporting the Norwich top last night), has confirmed for the 30th.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Just winding you up after last night's comment on your throw out s'all. Buy the bibs.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Marathon wrote:Just winding you up after last night's comment on your throw out s'all. Buy the bibs.
I just got it...

Brilliant.

I really didn't mean it was a waste as in the personnel moreover the positioning! Touche, all the same.

I'm sinking a few with AliB and 'Lambchops' tonight in the Bricklayers off Kirkdale so will let you know about these 'builders-bibs'.

IF they're as bad as advertised I'll get some others.

Orange affects my Irish-Catholic sensibilities!....well not overly any more; I hate the colour.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

BTW, he only had 6. Don't think that's enough TBH. I'll buy some more from Lillywhites or somewhere.

I'll try to strike a balance of being affordable and not making us look like we'll be digging holes (or sitting about drinking tea and reading the Sun all day) in the morning.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I'm in for the 30th.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Count me in for Wednesday the 30th. Also, re: bibs, have a look on ebay - this link below has them at 11 quid for 10, if I read it correct. There are lots on offer and I am registered on ebay so could get them. A variety of sizes and colours available. The second link is an alternative with 5 for 15 pounds.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/10-FOOTBALL-MESH- ... 2c5515da7a

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SET-5-MESH-TRAINI ... 5acf7344bb
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

I'm good for Wed 30th. Question is, will Eng-er-land still be in the WC?

Happy with the £7 charge, particularly if we get some shiny new bibs to play in. Alternatively we could play in the rather fetching new Arsenal yellow away shirt, 7 of those would only put us back, er, £315.
Fatbackfour

count me in.

Post by Fatbackfour »

Count me in for Wednesday 30th June.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

bazwaldo wrote:Alternatively we could play in the rather fetching new Arsenal yellow away shirt, 7 of those would only put us back, er, £315.
Ill rather play in a string vest ....... :wink:
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Count me in for the 30th
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

So, OK. For the 30th:

1, Ulysses
2, Biscuitman1978
3, Marathon
4, Chazza (hangover from today's match permitting)
5, Matt
6, Joe Pineapples
7, Middlesborough
8, Bazwaldo
9, Fatbackfour
10, Swartie

If I get 2 more confirmations then I'll book the 7s pitch....would be nice to be able to do this before the usual deadline.

So Trickster, Columbus, Donny, Tarbs, chrelcombe, droidathon, cyclesteve and the other regulars; if you're reading please post your availability.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

Ulysses wrote:4, Chazza (hangover from today's match permitting)
Given that I've got a week to recover, I think even a lightweight like me will be alright! :)
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm not around for the 30th