5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Thanks Lem.

On a lighter note the bibs have been delivered. They're very err...fluorescent and err...very green! Will launder them as they're fairly static-y.

We'll certainly see each other in them!
Last edited by Ulysses on 29 Jun 2010 16:43, edited 1 time in total.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Count me in for next week then please Ullysses
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Thanks for registering Diamondmaker.

If you're still free you are more than welcome to come. We've played manys-a-time with odd numbers, as you know, and it'd be great to see you again. Espcially as you've been away nursing your injury a long time.

Your call...

It was never anything personal it's just that, as you've seen, when it's a mate of a mate sometimes they don't turn up and there's no comeback.

Let me know if you're keen to play tomorrow otherwise I look forward to seeing you next week.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Thanks

Yeah, imagine it's been quiet since I've been away...

Anyway, if you've already got enough, I can miss this week, but if you're on the big pitch, i'll rock up.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Please do rock up as we are indeed on the 7s.

Final count:

1, Ulysses
2, Biscuitman1978
3, Marathon
4, Chazza
5, Matt
6, Joe Pineapples
7, Middlesborough
8, Bazwaldo
9, Fatbackfour
10, Swartie
11, Cyclesteve
12, Tarbs
13, Sydenhamboy
14, Columbus
15, Diamondmaker

PLEASE can everyone remember it's £7 whenever we're on the 7s pitch. Don't be alarmed if I give you only £3 change from your tenspot.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

15 eh ?? I suffer enough trying to remember the names of you guys when we play on the 5 - side.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

cyclesteve wrote:15 eh ?? I suffer enough trying to remember the names of you guys when we play on the 5 - side.
As long as you call out Sir Gregory when I'm on the ball that's all that matters!

Seriously:

If players are struggling for each others [given, not 'forum'] names then just approach me and I'm quite happy to fill you in, so to speak.

We'll do 8 v 7 and I'll pick the teams again tomorrow night as we did last game.

IF anyone is lurking and fancies a game them please let me know and come along...it'll make the game nice 'n' even and 16 will be a record attendance!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Great game tonight, I've no idea what the score was but I think the colours did themselves proud.

Please post your availability for Weds July 7th:

In

Re: finances, the £7 makes a real difference. Even though I've been attacking the kitty, 15 players @ £7 means it's still a very healthy £54 and if anything will only increase in the coming weeks. In no time we'll have that free game as the kitty was bumped up by £24 tonight alone!
Last edited by Ulysses on 1 Jul 2010 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm in.
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Count me in for next week please..
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Phenomenally early, the pair of you, nice to see.

Re: Teams. I think I got the balance of the teams more than a bit off last night which lead to a lot more tetchiness than normal. Tarbs rightly pointed out that the bibs were lacking in 'legs'...

How I try to play it is that if we are an odd number I'll try to balance it out by ensuring that those that are a man down do have some fit bods - after all it is supremely knackering playing in this heat 'minus' a player. I gave the bibs the best player (IMO) last night to again try and off-set any percieved advantage.

Anyhoo, it's not an exact science and I do try to remember who played in the team with less numbers the previous week. BUT if you think this player or that player needs moving PLEASE holler; as both Swartie and Tarbs did after the game last night so thanks to them. Feel free to pipe up during also.
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

The score was 4-3 (or 2-3 if you ignore the goals when Bazwaldo was off getting the ball) so I think they were pretty closely matched and is hard to get right when uneven numbers.

So (for once) I'll defend your effort Ulysees. Legs are all in the mind anyways. Bibs had one more so confused by some of the above anyway.

The only glaring imbalance to me was that we seemed to have all the loudmouths...

Massively keen and in for next week, really enjoyed the pitch again, despite "missing a hatful" (per Ulysees) and not "putting the effort in" (some lanky guy at the back) - my body today tells me otherwise, absolutely wrecked.

Anyway, that's my low quality banter for the week, see you next wednesday.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Yep, count me in too.

With regard to teams, it was a close result and a very enjoyable game (aside from the odd niggle) but I still think the balance was a little out.
Still, it's an inexact science and if nothing else, provides a topic for some lively debate.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Im in for next week .....

I like to think that I can provide the "legs" but not necessarily the skill.

Liking the Jabulani ball tho.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

I forgot to say last night, I'm cycling to Devon this weekend and will stay there for the week, so count me out. I'll be back the week after, although I might have to do another full stint between the sticks if my right leg decides it doesn't want to play outfield. The other option would be to play left-footed, but that leg's for standing on isn't it?
Fatbackfour

Enjoyed last night

Post by Fatbackfour »

Count me in for Wednesday.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Thanks for your comments. Duly noted and I appreciate your candour.

We are currently 7 confirmed for the 7th. I am away this weekend but as soon as I see us hit the magic 12 I'll book the 7s. IF I'm a bit slow - as I'm not sure how much t'internet access I'll have - then please feel free to nudge me to book the courts by sending me a text: 07531 493337

Have a good weekend all and see you all next Weds, hopefully.

BTW: Who do the Umbro goalie gloves belong to? I've got them if you're missing a pair.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Ulysses wrote:BTW: Who do the Umbro goalie gloves belong to? I've got them if you're missing a pair.
We 'inherited' the Umbro gloves somehow. We should also have two pairs of Sondico (?) gloves.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Little bit later than planned but count me in for the 7th.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

After a late fitness test, I'm available. I think my creaking body is trying to tell me I'm getting old for this.