5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Ulysses

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Ulysses »

I understand the point.

Re: Droidy - are you aware of the Victoria loop train? All it does all day long is go from Victoria to London Bridge stopping, amongst other places, at both Balham and Sydders. It takes 17 minutes and is a direct train. Only runs every half hour [38 and 08 from Sydders] but might help you out rather than cycling all the way and back? I'm sure it can be arranged to pick you up and drop you off at Sydders station.

Just a thought, your injury notwithstanding...
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

Yo yo yo!

I have no problems getting the train... it's been really good to have some time off from football as I badly sprained/broke my toe a could of months back. The last time I played it really hurt after 10 mins - so I really didnt let it heal properly. Unfortunately I am out for the 21st - due to a curry and beer evening which just slightly edges footy. I really appreciate you wanting me to be there, thanks for the transport advice too... hopefully I should be back soon with some new trainers and a new toe.

cheers guys
Roy.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Hope to see you soon then.

We'll see where we are come Monday PM but I have been toying with the idea of suggesting a mid-season break.

A good few of us played all through the Winter and I wonder if some of the injuries aren't purely due to the lack of a break? If you factor in Saul and Ben being out injured and then through injury/journey both Droid and Phil also not present. Lem away for the next fortnight and me (really sensibly needing to rest up)...

That's 6 of the reliable weekly turn-out already down. What do others think about a 2 week break to allow for injuries to be finally shaken off?

If we've enough players for the 5s then I'm up for it next week I'm just starting to think it might be a struggle each week...
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

I am available for next week, but if there aren't sufficient numbers with all the injuries then no problem.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

I am in for next week if the numbers agree. Ulysses: I have 50 of the 30/500 spare if you want - I am around all weekend so you call/text me [frantic scrabbling about for new number, got it written down somewhere] on 07875 265563 - just don't take the forklift out whilst you're on them.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Cheers Middlesborough. Will get in touch.

Let's see how we get on, if we can get 8 or more then I think we should play:

1, Ulysses
2, Columbus
3, Middlesborough
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Im good for this weds but also agree that if we have a couple of weeks break to nurse our injured brothers, then fair dues.
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

I am available for Wednesday
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

Hello all, just back from a fortnight's holiday and am good for playing this Wednesday if it's on.

I should be available to play all Wednesdays now for the foreseeable future.

Cheers,
Bazwaldo
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

I'm hoping to be available on Wed but work is going to be really unpredictable this week and I probably won't know until Wednesday. So don't count on me when you make the decision about whether to play or not, but if the game goes ahead, you could do with another player and I'm free, I'll get in touch on Weds.

Sorry to be flaky
C
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Welcome back Bazwaldo. Understood Chrelcombe and cheers Cyclesteve.

We are but 6 thus far; if we can creep to 8 or more I'll go ahead and book the pitch. Please can everyone be in time to post availability...as in tomorrow lunchtime?

Thanks in advance.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Am available
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Sorry All, but to add injury to insult it pains me (literally) to have to pull out of this Weds due to the toe injury I got last week which I haven't really taken seriously but I am now considering I may have a broken bone in there somewhere as it has swelled up and is bloomin' painful.

Sorry , may be that sumer break is not such a bad idea.Trickster
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm available this week
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm also available this week
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Sorry to hear that Trickster. Hope it heals sharpish.

We're now 9; so I'll book the 5s pitch. Hopefully we get one or more further players coming forward. I don't mind what pitch we play on it would just be nice to have even numbers for the first time in a while. If we stay at 9 I'll come along and pay but not play...got to give the ribs rest where I can:

1, Ulysses
2, Columbus
3, Middlesborough
4, Cyclesteve
5, Fatbackfour
6, Bazwaldo
7, Diamondmaker
8, Donny
9, Tarbs
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Apologies can't make it this Wed.
Rgds, Matt (Banksy)
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi,

I emailed you last week.

I'd like to come to play tonitght

Cheers

Sydders

Ulysses wrote:Sorry to hear that Trickster. Hope it heals sharpish.

We're now 9; so I'll book the 5s pitch. Hopefully we get one or more further players coming forward. I don't mind what pitch we play on it would just be nice to have even numbers for the first time in a while. If we stay at 9 I'll come along and pay but not play...got to give the ribs rest where I can:

1, Ulysses
2, Columbus
3, Middlesborough
4, Cyclesteve
5, Fatbackfour
6, Bazwaldo
7, Diamondmaker
8, Donny
9, Tarbs
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

not sure if anyone else will still be logging on to this, so just come down sydders. See you there
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Then please come along Sydders.

We'll be in the bar bit from about 8.10 onwards. Text me when you get there (07531 493337) or look out for a chap in a very green training bib. Please come to Beckenham Goals NORTH; which is on Copers Cope Road round the back of Lower Sydenham station.

I did reply to your PM asking that you post your availability...now that you've done it we look forward to seeing you and thank you for making us a nice round 10 tonight.

See you there.

Best,

Gregory