5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Chazza

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Chazza »

Sorry, going to have to drop out for Wednesday, travelling back up to Leeds - family stuff.
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

I'm in for Wednesday 18th... and so is Kris!

cheers

Droid.
Donny

Post by Donny »

I won't know until late tomorrow whether I'm going to make it this week - I'll post as soon as I know.
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

In for this Weds
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

So, OK:

I make us, thus far, 10 for the 18th.

1, AliB
2, Ulysses
3, Parklife
4, Diamondmaker
5, Biscuitman1978
6, Columbus
7, Cyclesteve
8, Droidathon
9, Kris
10, Chrelcombe

I'm going to hold fire on booking to the pitch to give some of our other regulars time to post - or not as the case may be.

@ MattCottis:

Yes, we are always looking for new players. We are a welcoming, inclusive bunch. The ability range is quite broad but the teams get fairly 'matched up' before we kick-off so we tend to have close games - or as close as I can make them.

All we ask is that you post your availabilty roughly Monday lunchthime as we can then decide if we are going to play on the 5-a-side or the 7-a-side. Come along, try us out!
mattcottis

Post by mattcottis »

Thanks Ulysses, i will definitely come over. not around this week but i'll see what the journey is like for me from where i'm living at the moment until we finally move!

Cheers
schmozz

Post by schmozz »

Hi all,
Apologies for the basic questions, but here we go...
Whereabouts exactly do you guys play? I've just moved to London Bridge recently, looking for some mid-week football (5 or 7 a-side) to keep me ticking over between Saturday league games.
I'm hoping (based on previous answers!) the game is fairly open to new players? And how much is it each week?
Thanks in advance,
Sam
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Hi Sam,
Welcome aboard. We play at Beckenham Goals North:

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?qs=BR3+1N ... |BR3%201NZ

It used to be 5-a-side but these days, with the current surge in interest, most weeks we upgrade to the 7s. Cost is £7, Ulysses, who you will no doubt hear from, is the current manager (i.e. looks after bookings etc.).
It's all very casual, nothing too competitive, not terribly physical - occasional collisions but that's more because we're getting on a bit and it takes longer for us to change direction.

Come on down.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Sorry for the late post, I can make the 18th, see you soon.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Not much more to add to that Joe Pineapples. Thanks very much mate. BTW: When are we seeing the Fowler Brothers back? Come on Joe Pineapples and Marathon!

Anyhoo, we're now 11 with Middlesborough's confirmation; I'll book the 7s pitch once we strike 12 players. What news of Trickster/Bazwaldo/Sydders et al? I don't remember them mentioning any hols or the like - could be wrong though. It has been known.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I really don't know to be honest mate. Was hoping to be back by now, at least in goal but just as it seems to be getting better, the tendon starts playing up again (still can't run on it). Aiming for 1st week in Sept. though, fingers crossed.
Saul's in France until Tuesday, so not sure if he'll be back this week but apparently his X-ray was fine and no reason he can't play again.
schmozz

Post by schmozz »

i'm keen to come down if you're after another player, what time do you kick off? i'm guessing from google maps that its a 5-10min walk from the train station?
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

It's a stampede!...
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

schmozz wrote:i'm keen to come down if you're after another player, what time do you kick off? i'm guessing from google maps that its a 5-10min walk from the train station?
Closer to 10-15 minutes, I reckon. Lower Sydenham and New Beckenham are pretty much equidistant.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Thanks Biscuitman1978.

If you're keen to play this Wednesday schmozz then great! All I ask is you text me on 07531 493337 [we've had a couple of 'no-shows' in the past] and we'll include you in the 12....or possibly more.

I'd suggest actually that you avoid going to Beckenham Junction as it's a really long walk along Copers Cope Road to the Goals we play at. IF you can get to New Beckenham on the train I'd suggest that. Personally, I think it's much closer than Lower Sydenham and infinitely more pleasant.

BUT I know there's 2 trains an hour [it's a terrible service to Lower Sydenham] direct to Lower Sydenham that pass through L.Bridge so it might be more convenient (I confess to having no idea what line serves New Beckenham)?
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Ulysses wrote:I'd suggest actually that you avoid going to Beckenham Junction as it's a really long walk along Copers Cope Road to the Goals we play at. IF you can get to New Beckenham on the train I'd suggest that. Personally, I think it's much closer than Lower Sydenham and infinitely more pleasant.

BUT I know there's 2 trains an hour [it's a terrible service to Lower Sydenham] direct to Lower Sydenham that pass through L.Bridge so it might be more convenient (I confess to having no idea what line serves New Beckenham)?
New Beckenham and Lower Sydenham are on the same line. According to TfL Journey Planner it's a 12 minute walk from New Beckenham or 11 minutes from Lower Sydenham. I certainly agree with Ulysses that it's a much more pleasant walk from New Beckenham!
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Hey Ulysses it's nice to be wanted! As joe says I'm in France this week and having been given the all clear on the professional knowledge of the bell green practice secretary :shock: (!?) I'll be back for the 25th.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Yep, apologies I'm definitely in for Weds. Cheers Dickie
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

Yes, good for Wednesday too.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ALIB