5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Fatbackfour

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Fatbackfour »

in for Wednesday 8th September.
parklife

Post by parklife »

I'm in for 8th
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Im in for the 8th ................ Gents, on the 12th of Sept I'm doing a 130 km bicycle ride around Kent for the macmillan cancer trust, no pressure but if you can afford a few coins to sponsor me, it would be very much appreciated. thanxs

http://www.kentcyclosportive.co.uk/index.htm
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

Hi chaps... afraid I am out for Wed 8th as I will still be at work finishing off a Christmas Catalogue until the early hours. Ho ho ho! Will let you know if Kris can make it on Monday.

Cycle Steve - I will bring some money to sponsor you when I'm next up if you sponsor me (http://www.justgiving.com/team-wolf) :)

cheers

Droid.
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

I'm in for Wednesday 8th. See you then.
tjmill

Post by tjmill »

Hi, Me and my brother have moved to Beckenham and keen to play some friendly 5 aside football in the area.
Would it be possible to play?
Can you let me know the details?
Thanks
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Hey tjmill,

We play every Wednesday night @ 8:30 in Goals Beckenham North. Will cost you 6 or seven quid to play. We're a little bit below average ability wise, but we have massive expectations. Like the England football team really.

We have 2 rules:

1) You need to post your availability here as early as possible, so we have some idea of the numbers playing on Wednesday. If you can't make it, let us know by 16:00 on Wednesday, otherwise you get charged the full amount.

2) While you're playing and you notice an Irish guy mouthing off about everything (and this is VERY important), listen and obey EVERY word he says. He is wise beyond his years.

Let us know if you're interested>
tjmill

Post by tjmill »

Thanks for the info sounds good.

It will be me and my brother coming along prob this wed - will let you know for def if able to make this week by Monday.

Rotating GK's???? or do people take it in turn?
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

I am OUT this week
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

I still ache from 2 weeks ago.

I have been derided by my single female neighbour. I'll show her......

I'm IN for the 8th
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Diamondmaker wrote:2) While you're playing and you notice an Irish guy mouthing off about everything (and this is VERY important), listen and obey EVERY word he says. He is wise beyond his years.
Take no notice of the Irish guy. He still harks back to the 1990 World Cup when his national team was full of English players. :wink:
tjmill wrote:Rotating GK's???? or do people take it in turn?
In the past we've had rotating keepers (who share the sweat sodden communal goalkeeper gloves), but increasingly we've had permanent keepers, either because someone is injured and can't run or because they actually have some ability in that position.
ALIB wrote:I have been derided by my single female neighbour.
Single female neighbour? Sounds interesting... Or perhaps I'm on the wrong website...
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm back from hols and in for the 8th
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Wednesday 8th, so far....

Biscuitman1978
Marathon
Schmozz
Fatbackfour
Parklife
Cyclesteve
Alib
Donny
Bazwaldo

(Diamondmaker, TJMill and brother ?)
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I'm in for this Weds! Cheers Trickster

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

I'm in, that's 11. Waiting to see if we can get a few more before I book the 7 a side
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm in for Wednesday 8th
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Ok, I've booked the 5 a side this week - all the 7 a sides were booked out. I don't know if Ullysses had problems booking, or if it's just starting to get busier. Might mean that from now on, we book the pitch on Sunday morning, so if we want the 7 a side, we should post availability here as early as possible,
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Hi there,

Sorry for the late post, I am available for this wednesday (8th).
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Diamondmaker wrote:Ok, I've booked the 5 a side this week - all the 7 a sides were booked out. I don't know if Ullysses had problems booking, or if it's just starting to get busier. Might mean that from now on, we book the pitch on Sunday morning, so if we want the 7 a side, we should post availability here as early as possible,
Ulysses did have that problem with booking on the 7's pitch on one or two occasions.

We have an 'oldie' like me who is happy to be subbed now and again for a breather. Hopefully we can all be flexible.
To avoid this in the future, there are a couple of options.
1) Ask people to respond by midday Sunday, and then book the pitch.
2) Consider a regular booking of the 7's pitch. Occasionally the kitty would be in negative equity, but in the longer-term it would probably haul more players in/money in, if people knew they were on a bigger pitch. A block booking of several weeks would also mean people paying up-front and making a commitment.

Didn't mean to stick my nose in. In the absence of Ulysses i thought i might offer some feedback.
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi I'm out for this week (injury). It should be ok for next week.