5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Columbus

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Columbus »

I am out this week and best to assume I am out for the next few weeks.
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

I'm in for Wed if there's still space.

Chris
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

Hi chaps,

Me and Kris are out again this week - we have some work commitments to attend.

Should be back next week though - sorry!

cheers

Droid.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

If Schmozz and Ibu turn up, that's 11 confirmed. The 7 is still available, need 4 more confirms. so let me know asap please.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Sorry for my late response Dimonmaker, I am in for Weds if there is room for me. I will make sure I donate a tenner to cyclesteve for his charity ride as punishment for my tardiness! Trickster
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

IF Trickster makes us 12 (and I reckon he does) then can we play on the 7s?
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

I'm out this week.
Hope cycle went well Steve. I will give you a tenner next week.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi sorry , cant do it tomorrow but definite yes for next Weds.
schmozz

Post by schmozz »

i'm afraid ibu has rolled his ankle again today playing footy, so he wont be able to make it.

i'm still available.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

ok, that's 11 I reckon
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Hey, you're the boss Diamondmaker but I'd like to request that even though we're 11 we still punt for the 7s...

£77 leaves but a £6 deficit for the kitty to swallow? I've no idea what state the slush fund is in but I'd rather have space on the 7s than be tight on the 5s.

Ask to speak to Richard as he called me twice wanting me to book a pitch whilst I was in Canada...or if you like I can resume the gaffership. Your call mate. Indeed it's the call of the other players also - they may well prefer your stewardship and should that be the case I have no issue with being asked to step aside but - for now - I'm merely exhibiting mine own personal preference.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Just to let you know guys, I completed the 130km course in 4hrs 56 mins 02 secs, ( well chuffed, I was expecting to do around 6hrs but hoping for 5 hrs while half way round ) Thanks again folks for your support and encouragement .

See you tomorrow.....
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

I think we should set up a rota for booking the pitches and bringing the kit - I reckon a stint of 10 weeks or so per person is fair enough - anything longer than that would get to be a drag I think.

I'm happy to do it until Christmas. I think we've got enough regulars now to take stints. Assuming no-one has a problem with this, unless I get volunteers to take over from me, I'm dumping the stuff in the middle of the pitch on the last game of the year!

I've booked the 7 a side, so would be good to get at least 12 this week.

In
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

In for the 22nd Sept
parklife

Post by parklife »

Am going holiday to Northern Cyprus so OUT for the 22nd
Ulysses

6 week break

Post by Ulysses »

Gents,

I've done my ribs again. Although I limped through the game I can hardly move today. Given I've played each week despite having brusied my ribs twice and had two minor operations - both times ignoring Doctor's orders to not play for a least a month - I can't help thinking this is a sign.

It was such an innocuous challenge against Saul that I fear my body is telling me it needs proper time to heal. I think a 6 week hiatus (I'm still 3 weeks away from when the surgeon said I could start playing again) will give my body enough time.

With that in mind I'm out for the next 6 weeks.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Diamondmaker wrote:I think we should set up a rota for booking the pitches and bringing the kit - I reckon a stint of 10 weeks or so per person is fair enough - anything longer than that would get to be a drag I think.

I'm happy to do it until Christmas. I think we've got enough regulars now to take stints. Assuming no-one has a problem with this, unless I get volunteers to take over from me, I'm dumping the stuff in the middle of the pitch on the last game of the year!
Speaking as someone who has done his stint as manager, that seems fair enough to me!

I'm in for Wednesday.

Talking of Christmas, do people fancy another football Christmas curry? How about Wednesday 1 December? After that we're probably wise to take a break until the New Year as it's hard to get enough people together in the run up to Christmas. All players past and present welcome. Stick the date in your diary for now and I'll sort out numbers and a venue nearer the time.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Just to let you know I am out for the 22nd, in France. Will be good for the 29th though, see you then.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Out next week - going to Stamford bridge. Back for the following week.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

I am IN for this week. (22nd)
I will be bringing a mate along. He will only be able to make the occasional game but am thinking we'll be OK with that and hoping this will ensure we have enough for the bigger pitch.

How are the numbers currently looking for this week?