5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Diamondmaker

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Diamondmaker »

Me and Tricky in. That's 4 so far. If you want the 7 next week, need more than 10 by tomorrow evening.
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi, I am in for Weds 3rd Nov too.
Cheers
Donny

Post by Donny »

in for the 3rd.

Sorry I had to rush off - did the bibs manage to draw level/win or did we hold on?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

@Donny: It was really close in the end but the colours held on.

In for the 3rd.

Re: The 7s. Goals called me yesterday afternoon asking if I wanted a 7s for 7.30 or 9.30. They would throw a £30 bar voucher in too. I tried to call you Aidan but think you rejected it as you wouldn't have recognised the number.

ANYWAY - I mention it as it would seem the pitches are more free then? I think 7.30 is too early? And 9.30 too late? Not for me, might I add.

I didn't accept nor put something on the forum as mobilising 12 people with a few hours notice would have been too much hassle? And probably impossible.

Should we think about alternative times if 8.30 for a 7s proves impossible? It was tight on the 5s last night...
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

Not too sure about 'held on', seem to recall to the last goal was me sliding a ball over to Gus to 'lash' home for the MIGHTY colours to consolidate our admitedly slender lead. :wink:
Some great passing moves by all last night given the crowded pitch.

Congrats to Droid for the earliest availability post. I'm also in for the 3rd.

I would be happy to play 7:30 if it helped get the 7-a-side, and particularly if free drinks were involved. I'd rather not do 9:30, don't like the idea of playing at 10:30/45 and know it takes some an hour to get home.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Count me in for weds, as regarding times im good for the 7.30 slot but for me personally 9.30 is a tad bit too late .......... liking the £30 bar tab thou :P
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I may well be stating the obvious and what follows be an excercise in futility but the £30 was a one-time offer to get me to book yesterday and play the same day. I am fairly certain it won't be a weekly carrot by them.

I too would be keen on the 7.30. Perhaps we can discuss convenience for everyone else next week?
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

The earlier time for 7's sounds good to me , count me in for Wednesday.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm in for Wed.

7:30pm is pretty ambitious for me, but if that's the consensus for future weeks I'll try to be there.
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'd rarely make a 7.30 ko and agree that 9.30 is too late.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

We have 10 now - 2 needed to book the 7, which is still available at 8:30.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

We're just waiting on Saul & Paul (Marathon and Tarbs) so....FINGERS CROSSED!

I'll text Saul and ask Donny to corral his mate - It's the last week we can enjoy Tarbs before Uni/College starts again - so that we can book this 7s early doors....hopefully.

What's happened to Joe P/Dave etc? I'm not 'bothered' about Phil/Ryan et al [great lads though they were] as they were reliant on the Balham carriage [Joe Pineapples] but locals I hoped might be more regular....

Droidy is to be commended based on the fact he gets the 'Victoria loop' from Balham and relies on us for a lift to play.

Bravo, sir!

I'm so keen to play on the 7s it's almost palpable?
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm in for this wednesday.

Keep a hold of yourself Ullyses!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Just trying to up the interest levels mate. Maybe it's nostalgia since I backed out 'cos of the ribs but I seem to remember every game on the 7s was infinitely better than the, often, sardine game on the 5s.

Guilty of whatever charge is levied my way.
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

I'm in for next Weds, and would also be in favour of 7 30 if there are enough others that agree. 9.30 definitely too late for me.
C
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Just rang up Goals to get the upgrade to the 7s - she told me the pitches were booked out. Didn't believe her, so went online. Pitches free. I think the whole 8:30/20:30 thing was too overwhelming for her. Rang again. Guy said he'd upgrade and ring me back. Didn't. Rang up again. He says he can't delete my 5 a side booking. He also can't upgrade it. So unless they sort it out, we're stuck with the 5s. An unbelieveable situation, but there you go. I'll give it a go again over the weekend.
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

Cheers Uly! Thanks to Baz and Marathon and shinpadsChris for recent lifts!! I definitely think 9.30 is too late. And I need to double-check train times to see if 7.30 is a possibility. At the moment 8.30 is perfect for me... But if everyone feels that 7.30 would be better then I will see if I can make it work. If not I will have to do that glass blowing course you started Uly! Cheers!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi all,

I have a very important work meeting that I cannot miss on the 1st December and at the same time I don't want to miss the Curry party either.

Therefore would it be possible to have our Curry party on 24 November or 8 December?

Let's discuss about it tomorrow.

Thanks

Sydders
Swartie

5 a Side

Post by Swartie »

Diamond Maker count me in for the 10th November, Pineapples should also be available...
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

By my count we have 13 for a 5 a-side pitch on Weds. If all are still playing then I can pull out as I have some things I need to do, but I'll play if any of the below know they can't make it now. I think we have the following:

1) Droid
2) Middlesb
3) Diamond
4) Tricky
5) Sydders
6) Donny
7) Uly
8) Baz
9) CycleS
10) Fatback4
11) Biscuit
12) Tarbs
13) Cherls

Cheers Tricky
ps I would not be able to make 7:30pm - unlikely to be back from work in time.