5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Powell

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Powell »

Hey guys,

Just wanna say thanks for yesterday! It was great getting back into footie after all this time. my feet are killing me today. Was a really good turnout and your a good bunch of guys! so looks like i'm guaranteed to be there EVERY week so count me in for Wednesday 19th

Alex
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Ulysses wrote:Lem, would you be able to keep the receipt for this week? Although I presented the voucher for 10% off I don't think they took it off the bill.
Will do.
Ulysses wrote:They have also increased the fees. The 7s is now £89.75. Just something to bear in mind; that if we're less than 13 players we're not covering the cost and the kitty will suffer. Same for the 5s, at £64 now if we're 10 or less then we'll be eating into the slush fund a little each week.
Thanks, Ulysses.

At our current charges (£6 for 5-a-side pitch and £7 for 7-a-side pitch) that implies:
- ten or less players - we can't afford to play
- eleven or twelve players - we need to play on the 5-a-side pitch
- thirteen players or more - we can play on the 7-a-side pitch

So, if people want to play:
- on the 5-a-side pitch when we have only ten players
- on the 7-a-side pitch when we have twelve players

...we need to increase our charge per game to, say:
- £6.50 for the 5-a-side pitch
- £7.50 for the 7-a-side pitch

Let's discuss in the bar after the next game. Feel free to correct my maths!
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

Hello, I will be returning after 5 weeks of flu. I'm available for Wednesday 19th
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Your maths seem on the money to me.

MY suggestion would be to look more at £7 for the 5s and £8 for the 7s. I appreciate this is an increase but I'm also minded that we would do well to bump the kitty up in times of feast to cover the times of famine. I think people might be willing to pay a little extra, besides it's been £6 for almost 2 years.

BUT it's not my call. Agree it would be best to take the opinions of others next time we meet. For the moment I'll book the 7s for next week and we can downgrade if neccesary although numbers are looking good already for next week. Welcome back Nick.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

On holidays, so out next week
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Im in. £7 & £8 seems sensible to me.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

I'd also have no problem in paying a couple of quid more each week.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Saul & Ben's reactions are in line with my own views. It's worth paying a quid or so more for the bigger pitch.

But I do have one eye on the fact that the £7 was only recently-ish introduced to cover the 7s and this is yet another request for more money. I will say that unless Goals hike their prices massively again next year then that is the only reason I can see for further requests.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Good to see everyone since the xmas holidays last night and that includes the new guys........ Put me down for the 19th please boss men .
Powell

Post by Powell »

I have no problem paying extra so just let me know the cost and i'll be there!

as for next week i have a mate coming down to me so if we need to make up numbers he's willing to play aswel, let me know if this is cool with you guys

alex
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Ulysses wrote:Saul & Ben's reactions are in line with my own views. It's worth paying a quid or so more for the bigger pitch.
Agreed, although £7.50 each is all you need to cover it, as long as you have twelve players. I assume we wouldn't play on the larger pitch with eleven players.
Ulysses wrote:But I do have one eye on the fact that the £7 was only recently-ish introduced to cover the 7s and this is yet another request for more money. I will say that unless Goals hike their prices massively again next year then that is the only reason I can see for further requests.
Agreed. We're only aiming to cover our costs, not make a profit. Any surplus goes towards a round of drinks at the Christmas curry 2011.
Powell wrote:as for next week i have a mate coming down to me so if we need to make up numbers he's willing to play aswel, let me know if this is cool with you guys
As long he's not Premiership standard he's more than welcome!
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi in for 19 Jan.

Cheers
Donny

Post by Donny »

Cheers Rich/Greg for stepping in for me - I'm on crutches, hopefully down to one crutch today but won't be fit for a few weeks.

As prices have gone up it's sensible to increase our subs. As the general consensus is in agreement, I suggest motion passed. For the sake of change issues lets go with £7 for 5s and £8 for 7s.

The one thing that makes life easier as pointed out by everyone that has taken charge is to confirm your particpation, either way by Friday teatime
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Unless I'm way off kilter I make us 12 thus far (13 if Alex's mate can make it).

On the point of Alex it was great to meet you too. I'm glad you enjoyed it (thanks for the text) and am glad you think you'd like to play regularly. So to some of the lurkers...come on join in!

Now I've stopped sounding like an odd 1970s hot-tub salesman [or Robocop's "I'll buy that for a dollar" man] I think this week could be a bumper one...let's see if we can hit 16?!
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I'll be your 13th (or 14th if Alex's mate plays)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

I'm in for Wed too...
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

In so far:
1. biscuitman1978
2. Swartie
3. bazwaldo
4. Ulysses
5. Redhead
6. Steve
7. Powell
8. Fatbackfour
9. Marathon
10. cyclesteve
11. Powell's mate
12. sydders
13. chrelcombe

Any more?

Seven-a-side pitch is booked for 8:30pm on Wednesday (thanks, Greg). £8 each please. Correct change is appreciated!
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Hi there, sorry for the slightly late post. Count me in for this wednesday and £8 makes sense. Not sure how long I will last so if we are odd numbers I am happy to play substitute (ball getter).
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I'm in for Weds too! Dickie
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Chaps,

Hopefully Droidy can confirm attendance later today which will make us a truly bumper 15 confirmed - with the possibility of being 16 with Alex's mate.

It's never an issue if we're odd numbers so keep coming forward! That written, I think we've heard from all the regulars?