5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Ulysses

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Ulysses »

At this point I think it only fair to offer my feedback for the NSC pitch. I played there this past Monday and IF you didn't hear it first-hand on Weds I am referring to the facilities at the National Sports Centre in Crystal Palace Park...you know the place, between the stadium and the swimming pool?:

+

1) It's handy. Most of us can either walk or cycle or quick car down the backroads to get there.
2) It's comparatively cheap. £62 'rack rate' for each week and we get to bound around in a hockey pitch - which is about 11s size.
3) We don't wake up in the morning with lots of 'black flecks' on our bedsheets and all over our homes...

-

1) You need to either get in there by dusk, or, if late, trawl around Pong and Anally to get into the park via the main 'Sport England' entrance on Anally Road.
2) There are no boards and few nets. The pitch is good, indeed excellent. BUT the '7s' pitch is playing horizontally on a hockey pitch - if that makes sense - and the pitch is then marked out by placing training cones. It's almost headers and volleys-esque but with Hockey goals. Woe betide you if your aim/passing isn't true
3) Haven't checked out the bar but if it's inline with all other NSC facilities expect it to be a run-down 60s affair.

The upside was that the Monday Fives FC I played with are a good bunch and some excellent players. WE should think about a 11s game against them? If nothing else.

Thanks for reading. My prognosis for NSC is dim.
Last edited by Ulysses on 28 Jan 2011 12:58, edited 2 times in total.
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

Option 3 (Thursday) is the only one that is viable for me, so I'm voting for that in pure self-interest.

PS. Not going to be available for next wednesday as I'm back at college.
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

And my voting is as follows:
Option 3 (Thurs 7s) is first choice, following by option 2 (Wed 7s).

Re: Option 4- I don't want to play on anything that resembles tarmac these days, that'll hurt!

And I am available to play Wednesday or Thursday next week.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Count me in for Wednesday or Thursday. My preferred option would be Option 3 although close behind it would be option 2. My least favourite option would be option 1 rather than option 4 (I'd play in a back alley with bins for goal posts if it guaranteed me a full 60-90 minutes). Thanks to all for researching the options.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Back for this week. Any time suits to be honest.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I am back for this week as well, definitely for Weds if normal time, would struggle if any earlier than 8. Thurs may be more of a problem though.
Donny

Post by Donny »

Chaps, we were never going to be able to accommodate everyone so sorry for those that can't make Thursday 8.30 7's which is booked for this week, with a view to return to weds asap. Unable to block book as Goals are idiots but centre manager calling me tomorrow.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

OK I can make this Thursday 8:30pm although will have to make sure I leave at 9:45 to pick up the wife.
Powell

Post by Powell »

Thursday 8.30, Count me in! :)
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Thursday is good for moi ... ( that's "me" in French )

Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

Thursday 8.30 sounds good to me, count me in.
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Both myself and Steve can't make this week but Thursday's 8:30 are ideal from now on.

Back in on the 10th
JoePineapples

Post by JoePineapples »

I can do any of the options but 3 & 2 are fave, although Wednesday at 9.30 is pushing it a bit. I'm in for this week.
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

Option 3 seems to be the best one.

I am in for this Thursday.

cheers

Droid.
Donny

Post by Donny »

Goals bar token on the way as a gesture/apology for the confusion. One 7 a side pitch is always kept free for casual booking. If the block booking comes available its ours, in the meantime the center manager and I will try to ensure we get the other pitch on a Wednesday every week. So please lets keep the numbers up...

Wednesday 9th Feb 8.30 7’s confirmed; welcome back Swartie and bye bye Tarbs....
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Thanks Donny, Count me in for the 9th Feb :D
Powell

Post by Powell »

Fantastic!

Count me in for thursday 3rd and wednesday 9th
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Thanks Donny,

I'm IN for this Thurs
and OUT for Wed 9th

C
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I had Catford PowerLeague on the phone to me today. Their only 7s pitch is £67.50. It won't affect the price of fish, but it does show how expensive Goals is.

Oh, forgot to mention that if you block book 10 weeks you get two extra free.
See you Thurs.

sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi,

count me in for thursday 3rd and wednesday 9th.

Sydders