5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Columbus

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Columbus »

and there i was trying to think of something witty to put in for 2000th
Donny

Post by Donny »

Good turn out and great game last night.

A couple of players were short last night so a reminder the 7's pitch is £8 each. That said kitty sitting pretty at £141.05

Please confirm availabilty for Wednesday 9th Feb 8.30 7’s
Confirmed so far:

Donny
Swartie
Powell
Ulysses
FB4
Biscuit
Droidy
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Hope Bazwaldo's ankle is OK? I left the pitch a bit shamefaced after letting the red-mist descend...like Roy Keane temper but without his ability. Sorry again Baz. Genuinely no malice in the tackle.

As we've discussed before I'm not sure what the answer on fees is. That kitty is huge. I'm still slightly aggrieved at paying £8 but I see the logic in building up a buffer for when times are less buoyant/covering the cost of the larger pitch. We're averaging 14+ a week at the mo and I guess we're making about £20 a week?

Can I throw it out there that perhaps we have a 'free' game next week? What do others, and most importantly, the gaffer think? Or, shall we keep on as we are and have a soiree in The Dolphin in the coming month or so? I might actually prefer the latter as a 'free' game might be hard to moderate/control in terms of numbers.
Donny

Post by Donny »

We’ve discussed costs/venue’s enough - it’s an extra pound a week. With half term and then Easter coming up I’d rather have some liquidity for possible lean periods. If the high numbers continue then a reduced subs night, an un-announced freebie or a few beers local will be offered. Alles Klar?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Ja Wohl, Mein Fuhrer. :)

Does that involke Godwin's Law? I hope not.
Powell

Post by Powell »

Welcome back donny, how's your back doing today?

What a great game that was last night - plus i got my hat-trick :) 10-8 in the end?

Well Played everyone!

£141.05 in the kitty, very nice! i wouldn't say spend it on a game but one idea would be if we have 15 players or more then maybe reduce it to 7 quid

15 players at 7 quid - £15.25 in the kitty

and the more players the more money for the kitty each week, so will end up a good night out sometime, whatcha think?

Alex
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Just my opinion but I'm happy to pay £7-8 for a game regardless ..... Good idea for a few sherbets soon thou.
Put me down for next Weds please gaff.
[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

No problem U, ankle's ok, the adrenalin was up on both sides!
I'm not about next Wed.
Good to hear we've some cash in the pot.

Marathon

Post by Marathon »

In for Wednesday.

sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi
Good game last Thurs.
Sorry can't do it Weds 9, but 16 is OK.
Cheers
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

I think leaving it £8 a night for the 7s makes sense, at least until we see how the arrangement goes with pre booking the 7s pitch for Wednesdays. A healthy kitty at least gives us some cover in case we end up having to change days/times. If the kitty continues to grow then we could always look to using it on a bit of a drinks thing, maybe a summer barbecue - after the success of the curry night. Not sure we would appreciate a free game in the same way as we would a social event. Just my tuppence worth.

I am in for Wednesday.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

in for Wednesday
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

Sorry lads I never realised I was considered for a game in the week, apologies. I can't make it this Wednesday but the week after I should be able to make it. What standard is the play? Cheers :)
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Columbus wrote:and there i was trying to think of something witty to put in for 2000th
Never mind being witty, when are we going to see you back on the football pitch?!
Middlesbrough wrote:I think leaving it £8 a night for the 7s makes sense, at least until we see how the arrangement goes with pre booking the 7s pitch for Wednesdays. A healthy kitty at least gives us some cover in case we end up having to change days/times. If the kitty continues to grow then we could always look to using it on a bit of a drinks thing, maybe a summer barbecue - after the success of the curry night. Not sure we would appreciate a free game in the same way as we would a social event. Just my tuppence worth.
I agree.

And finally, I'm in for Wednesday.
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

I'm available for Wednesday, and I owe the kitty a £1.00
JoePineapples

Post by JoePineapples »

In for Wednesday.
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Yeah, i'm in for Wednesday.

Will leave Steve to respond himself, apparently he's been wanting to register on here for the last month... :?

I'm tired of being his bitch.
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Scrap that, apparently I am still Steve's bitch, he can't access the forum due to some child-like filter on his office PC...

He's OUT this week (i'm still in though as nothing has changed in the last 4 minutes since my last post).
Donny

Post by Donny »

I make that 14 - room for just one or two more:

Donny
Swartie
Powell
Ulysses
FB4
Biscuit
Droidy
Cyclesteve
Marathon
Middlesborough
Diamond maker
FB4
Joe P
Steve’s Bitch

see you weds 8.20 in the bar for 8.30 KO
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I'd love to play on Weds too if there's room. Genuinely thought I had put my name down for it last week so sorry for lateness. Cheers Dickie