5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Powell

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Powell »

Well played everyone! Even with a man down you guys played well, very tight at the start of the match. i didnt even realise you was a man short last night ( showed how well you guys pulled it together) If one team is a man short from now on i dont mind changing halfway to even it up!

What can i say, Donny you had no chance with my beautiful goal last night ;)

That’s 9 goals in 7 games! :D (Yes I know I’m sad for counting)

Yep def count me in for next week and every week after that as well

Donny any chance I can grab a lift of you next week if you have space or anyone else?

£172.25! Damn that’s good! Looks like we will def have a good night out with that :D
Donny

Post by Donny »

Credit for the goal you squeezed in near post but what about the shot you sent sky high to Bromley?!
No problem for a lift - I meet a couple of the guys on the corner of Newlands Park road and Sydenham Road by the Elounda shop at 8.10. I’ll PM my mobile number just in case.

And yes balancing the teams needs to be addressed on occasions such as last night
Powell

Post by Powell »

Cheers mate, I don’t know about Bromley, felt more like Croydon as I had to run all the way around the goals centre to get it :)
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Put me down for next week please ... I luvs a bit of handbags me.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Sorry, guys, I'm out.

Have a good game. Play nicely. :wink:
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Powell wrote:

You're not wrong there! :wink:
Powell

Post by Powell »

Redhead wrote:
Powell wrote:

You're not wrong there! :wink:

haha! i'm going for top goal scorer! its a good thing your not there everyweek, gives me a chance!
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi, good game last night.
It's becoming quite competitive, which is good.
In for 3rd March.
Cheers
sydders

Post by sydders »

Erratum: In for 2nd March.
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

No problem Tarbs.
Glad to know someone else hadn't noticed we were a man up Alex, and there was me just thinking we were playing well, felt like we were a man up at times! :D
Yes, as noted by someone got a little lively at end there, I even got a disparaging comment for my mini goal celebration, if someone can't pretend they're Robin V-P for 20 seconds at footy then what's the point of going! :lol:
Count me in for next Wednesday (though wish Arsenal would stop playing on Wednesdays)
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I'm in

Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

As an addendum to my previous post (well, if Gus is going to use high-brow words like erratum and force me to look things up!) can I respectfully ask to be on the opposing side to Alex next week?

If he's counting his goals then I'll be all over him like a cheap suit...because I'm sad enough for things like that to matter to me too! I model myself on Baresi, only with less than 1000/th of the talent!

Watch him bag 5 next week! But hopefully not on my watch...
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi Everyone,

Well my winter break is now over so am now back in as a regular.
Did plan to come back on 2nd march, but unfortunately Orient got that late equalise and now replay on 2nd.But ,this is what happens when you support a team going strong in 4 competitions :D

So will post next week to confirm my availabilty for the 9th.

There seems to be a lot of goals going in, will have to stop that !

Looking forward to seeing you all again
DanDan

Post by DanDan »

Nice game the other night, maybe we can try and balance out the teams at the half way stage. I'm a possibility for Wednesday, got an injury to the top of my left foot I need to go to the doctor's and see what's what-hopefully it's just a sprain :)
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Is it too late for me to throw down the gauntlet for this top scorer malarky ? ;-)

Powell

Post by Powell »

Ulysses wrote: can I respectfully ask to be on the opposing side to Alex next week?

If he's counting his goals then I'll be all over him like a cheap suit...because I'm sad enough for things like that to matter to me too!
Haha! A cheap suit, don't have to worry if i get it dirty! can't wait and hopefully I'll add to my goal scoring tally :D
cyclesteve wrote:Is it too late for me to throw down the gauntlet for this top scorer malarky ? ;-)

Steve you was close to scoring again this week so you never know! but the title will be mine!
Powell

Post by Powell »

Lad's forgot to mention:

On my trip around the WHOLE complex to retrieve the ball i kicked to Bromley wed night, i noticed there is a nice grass pitch, all marked out with goals! next to where we play! And with the flood lights coming from our pitches it gets a lot of light so maybe this Wednesday we can check it out and in a few weeks when its lighter maybe sneak a game on there ;)
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Funny you should mention the 11s pitch. I've played a few times at the NSC on a Monday. The gaffer there, who Donny knows, was up for exploring a game of 11s. Us against them.

In the lighter Summer evenings I know I'd be up for it, as a one-off with a few beers afterwards, perhaps in Beckenham or The Dolphin. It's a very long time since I played an 11s but initially I'd be keen - for the fun if nothing else.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

11s is an interesting proposition. I'd be up for it

chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

I'm in for this Wed

C