5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
JoePineapples

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by JoePineapples »

Me again - Ryan has asked me to confirm for him for this Wednesday (he'll sign up to the forum in time for next week).
the north

Post by the north »

JoePineapples wrote:I've got Ric and Ryan poised and ready to commit too. Am going to get them to post their availability.
I'm in for this week but not for the fortnight after
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

sorry i can't make it this week.

Should be back next week though!

cheers

Droid.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Seeing as we're in the mid-week lull before a game I can have no worries about popping this up and potentially cutting across the organisation:

For Sale a £400 pair of Shure SE530s:

http://www.shure.co.uk/products/earphones/se530

See the EBay listing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :MESELX:IT

IF interested in striking a deal PM me or chat to me at the game.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Sorry guys, I've shook off last weeks little knock but I've now come down with the lurggies and I feel like sh*te ....
I don't mind paying double next game due to my late cancelation.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Afternoon Gents,

Whilst we're tailing off of the topic of the actual game on Wednesday, us chaps at Firebox are entering a Five a Side tournament in July and we're looking for some opposition before the big day to warm us up!

This seemed like the best place to come first so can I interest between 6-8 of you lot from Wednesday's to challenge the mighty Lokomotiv Firebox? We'd play at the same Goals Centre in Sydenham.

There's no booking or even tentative enquiry made yet with Goals but the first date i'll put forward to you is Monday 4th April. So, who's up for it? Transferring on deadline day to Lokomotiv Firebox for the game will be myself, Droid and Ben F.

Either post on here on PM me if you're keen.

Donny, what's the best way to go about booking this? Just give them a bell? You seem to be able to charm the lady at Reception to give us a block booking...
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Before I go into my reply I should like to point out that although the headphones are £400 they are used and thusly currently on £90. Though I expect them to go for more (averaging on Ebay ~£180).

Well worth a look!

As for your post; another group tolerate me on Monday PM (6 sharp kick-off so I can be at Goals for 7.30-8ish) but if you need a team to hone your skills against I'm up for it. Unless I've misunderstood.

BTW; I cast no aspertions on Donny but it was the centre Manager Alastair that was clearly so taken with our boss...
Last edited by Ulysses on 15 Mar 2011 13:53, edited 1 time in total.
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

You understand perfectly.

I'll try and make it for about 7:30pm ideally, we'd all need time to get over there also.

Anyone else up for joining Greg in challenging the might Lokomotiv Firebox?
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi Donny
Am out this week as still coughing and spluttering.
But seems you have well enough numbers
Have a good game !
Powell

Post by Powell »

Redhead wrote:Anyone else up for joining Greg in challenging the might Lokomotiv Firebox?
Yep i'm up for joining greg! bring it on! let me know when
Donny

Post by Donny »

Redhead - I'll join Ulysses but only if he gives his 6 o'clock game a miss (back to back games at your age - what are you thinking!!!)

Just give them a call to make a casual booking 7 days ahead or 8 days if you book online, mention my name and they'll thrown in some cheerleaders....

Final role call for tomorrow:

1. Powell
2. Donny
3. Trickster
4. Redhead
5. Steve
6. Sawartie
7. Ulysses
8. Bazwaldo
9. Middlesbrough
10. Sydders
11. Marathon
12. Joe P
13. Biscuitman
14. Cherlcomb
15. Ryan
16. Up north (Ric?)
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Cheers Donny, the promise of cheerleaders sounds exciting.

For a single booking do they just let people book then pay on the day?

That's 3 of the 7 we need. Powell must be frothing at the prospect of not having to play on opposite teams to Greg for once :wink:
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

Redhead wrote: Anyone else up for joining Greg in challenging the might Lokomotiv Firebox?
Yes, I'll be up for joining Greg and Powell as the opposition on the 4th. As Redhead says maybe Powell gets to add to his tally that night!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

At my age!? How very dare you! I'm only 35, I blame 2 paper rounds as a kid.

But yeah, I'll have to swerve the Monday game, primarily as I doubt I'll physically get from the transport hinterland that is 'Crystal Palace' to Beckenham in time for a 7.30 game.

BTW: The headphones sold for £200. Thanks for the enquiries.
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I've already advised the boss that I'm out tonight (IT nightmare hampering my ability to do any work, so I'm going to be stuck in the office until late tonight).

I'm up for the Dynamo Firebox game. (Greg - perhaps you could make it if some generous soul could offer a lift?)
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Good game tonight chaps. I'm in the hotseat just for next week so please post availability for the 23rd:

1, Ulysses

Kitty is still bumper; £179
Powell

Post by Powell »

Count me in for next week!

I think there is a conspiracy theorie going on! no Goals again even tho i think nearly every shot i had was on target! Great save's by greg! put my (tango) hands up to you! next week has to be my week! past two weeks i couldn't even get close to the goal but i had a great game tonight!

I think rolling sub's was good...kept space on the pitch so we wasn't over crowed

but otherwise what a good game it was tonight lad's! well done

Greg you can take the voodoo spell of me now!
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

Count me in for Wednesday - Let me know if you need a lift Parklife
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Powell wrote:past two weeks i couldn't even get close to the goal but i had a great game tonight!
Powell, wasn't boasting about your performance/supposed goalscoring the very thing that got you into this Torres-esque goal drought you're currently in? Thought you would've learned your lesson :wink:

Count me in for next week.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Seeing as I'm picking the teams next week Alex I'll make sure you're on mine. Now, whilst that carries no guarantees of me aiding you in scoring again it ought to mean I shan't be inhibiting your goalscoring exploits.

The fingertip effort low down to my right was particularly Bonetti-esque!