5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Donny

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Donny »

Cracking game last night and gutted I won't be there next week to see if Alex can break his duck.....!
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Count me in for the 23rd, unlike some I am on a bit of a rich vein (for me) when it comes to scoring, another to add to my two the previous week - long may it continue.
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Apologies for hijacking the thread again, just wondered whether there were any more takers for the Sydenhams vs Firebox on the 4th April?

So far I have 5 Sydenhams so a couple more at least would be great. (Plan on making it 7 a side).

Powell
Greg
Biscuitman
Donny
Baz

Haven't booked it yet, will probably do so in the next couple of days. Time will be either 7:30 or 8:30.

Cheers
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

In for next week
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

I'm gonna jump into the fray and say put me down for Monday 4th April and this Wednesday please, I'll play with a box of tissues tucked into my socks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi count me in for Weds 23.
Unf I can't do it on 4 April but I'm happy to play on Mondays vs Lokomotiv in addition to Wednesdays.

bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

I'm in for Wed 23rd and will bring a mate along.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

With Baz and his mate mate we've just hit double figures.

Would be nice to be on ~14 come Monday. I don't suspect we'll need to downgrade but if we're not on or about that figure come then I might need to have a think...
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Don't think we need to panic, we'll get 14 for this week i'm sure.

May be worth noting though that the two weeks after this Wednesday the Champs League Quarter Finals will be going on (5/6th & 12th/13th). Given the magnitude of the games just drawn, i'd guess numbers will be affected then with people wanting to watch the games.

I don't fancy missing United vs Chelsea and especially Spurs vs Madrid.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

ManUre V Chavski eh? Is it possible to watch a match hoping both teams involved get battered? Well, I might just find out.

I hear you on the games though but TBH we don't seem to be affected by European Cup games, England games, half-terms or traditional holiday times. We average what we average. Around Xmas is the only time we really struggle.

Not panicing for next week but as we've been so good of late getting the numbers by Friday I wondered if it's an indication of peoples availablity.
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi Ulysess

I hope to be better by next wednesday
but will confirm after the weekend
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Gonna have to agree with Redhead on the Champions league games, I reckon there's going to be a few guys wanting to watch either the mighty Chelski or Harry,s boys attempt to lift the cup ( I would include Man Yoo but I'm not gonna because of obvious reasons )

biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm out. Should be back the following week.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I hear what you're saying Ben & Steve. Chavski Vs ManUre is on the 6th?

Of course players are not bound by any obligation to play. But please bear in mind some players rush home from work, have to find babysitters or have newborns to consider. Whilst I can understand the attraction of a European Cup QF match-up between the two teams I don't think it fair if the game has to be cancelled.

I'm not saying that will happen but please also remember we commited to the block-booking so we could get what we wanted and play on the 7s.

I suppose, let's just see how we get on?

Besides, I'm free to play. I would rather sitck an unlubricated telegraph pole down my japs-eye than watch those two teams have at it. Terry up against Rooney, where's the off button!?
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

I'm in for Wednesday.

droidathon

Post by droidathon »

in for wednesday
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Nice Ben & Andrew.

We're now 12.

Any more for any more?
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

I'm out next two weeks
Collins

Post by Collins »

howdy all,
yes, count me in for the 23rd.
Ryan
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

De La Soul [incorrectly] said 3 was the magic number.

In this case it's 14 and with Ryan (cheers for registering) plus a latecomer (Dickie?) we're where I hoped we'd be. All kit is laundered but think the bountiful booty might have to stretch to new keeper gloves. The ones Lem kindly got have lasted well but are looking tired...in fact they're threadbare and/or ripped. Shouldn't cost too much to replace.

One thing we might need to chat about (and looking for group consensus here) is IF Goals won't hold us for one week and IF enough people are going to be wanting to watch it SHOULD we use the kitty for a Sydders7s watching of United V Chelsea? Use the kitty to go somewhere decent with the game on...

A few pints paid for with the kitty we've built.

Just throwing it out there. We can discuss at the game or on here if feelings are strong enough either way. I'd rather put the kitty to good use than have a fallow (no game/no footy watching) week.