5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Middlesbrough

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Middlesbrough »

Count me in for Wednesday
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

im in for wednesday
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Guys,

One more note about tonight, rather than meeting at the bar, us Fireboxers will more than likely be down on/by one of the 7's pitch. (currently it appears there's one 7's pitch is booked and one isn't so we're going to try and get down there a bit early to warm up/knacker ourselves out).

I'll pay on card when we get there for the pitch so please remember you're 6 quid as i'll be collecting on the pitch before we get started.

Cheers
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

Hello... anychance anyone could pick me, redface and Steve up from station on Wednesday? Or we could meet somewhere?

cheers

D.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I'm in for Weds cheers, Tricky

Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Just wanted to say a big thank you to all you Sydenhamites that turned out last night. I know we treat our Wednesday's relatively competitively but it was good to have it stepped up a notch last night with two opposing teams.

I think Ben F (Joe P) touched on this in the bar with a few of you last night, but this is something we'd love to arrange against you guys once every fortnight, same time, same day, same place. Do you think you'd be able to consisitently turn out 7 players a fortnight on a Monday? If so i'll start a new thread purely for Firebox vs Sydenham so I stop hijacking this one.

Cheers

(Powell, check your inbox re: game against your work)
Powell

Post by Powell »

What a game last night! very competitive...i think we will deff have to do it again soon! well worth it! good bunch of lads from firebox! well played everyone for getting stuck in last night!

looks like we have managed to get 14 for tomorrow

1-Parklife
2-Donny
3-Ulysses
4-Redhead
5-BalhamSteve
6-Powell
7-Biscuit
8-Chrelcombe
9-Droid
10-Alex mate - john
11-Alex mate - Russ
12-Alex mate - will
13-Middlesbrough
14-Tricks

Ben i'll email you mate
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

I for one would agree that it was good to take it up a peg competitive wise last night. I'm up for a fortnightly game against the Firefox boys if other guys fancy it. Well played everyone last night !!

Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I'm afraid I'd have to decline a fortnightly game.

Primarily as I am somewhat commited (though I've not been the best of late at keeping to it) to a game at the NSC. At any rate I find with the knocks that come from a game and the recovery-rates from even the slightest injury of someone of my age that I'm wondering if the Monday night game is a good idea at all. 48 hrs really isn't enough time.

So, it'd be a no from me, even if I don't continue with my current commitment.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I was happy to play a one off- particularly as I'm not playing Wednesday but I won't be able to squeeze in a second evening game on a regular basis. Also I'm committed to a fortnightly Tuesday lunchtime game with work colleagues. Another game will kill me.

Donny

Post by Donny »

Great match on monday and really enjoyed the competitiveness. Its a stretch for me to get there for 7.30KO but work permitting and if we can get a decent enough team/numbers I'd be up for it.

Cheers Alex - 7 a side it is

See you later.
Donny

Post by Donny »

NIGHT OUT
This block booking ends on 27th April so wanted to plan a night out with the kitty we’ve accumulated for Weds May 4th. Discussed with a few of the team and am thinking http://theelbowroom.co.uk/shoreditch/ pool table, beer and snacks? Plus they have big screens for Chelsea/Man Utd v Inter Milan/Shalke 19:45. Easy enough for those that work in town and a short hop on the overground for anyone else. Pool table is £20 p/h with a minimum £250 spend on food & drink to reserve it - kitty should cover most of this (and definitely if we collect "subs" on the night as well....)

Let me know if you’re up for this ASAP and if we have enough interest – I’ll organise it.

NEW GAFFER
May and June are a busy time for my company and I’ll miss at least 4 wednesdays so anyone that hasn't managed our weekly games (book pitch/wash bibs/collect cash/pick the teams/monitor the forum each week) feel free to volunteer for the next block of 10 -20 games.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

The Elbow room looks good to me, any chance of making it a week-end thou so we can make it a proper night out ? ;-)

Donny

Post by Donny »

we discussed that but its not as easy to organise.There are lots of bank holidays coming up, most have weekend plans/commitments and everyone is pretty much always free on a weds night - you'll just have to go easy or creep into work with a hangover!!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

In for the Elbow Rooms. Good shout, somewhere different. As much as I love The Dolphin it'd be nice to have a change of scenery.

Surprised you haven't checked out the Prince Alfred as it used to have a pool table...

That's a joke BTW!
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Elbow Rooms idea good (Bar Kick another good Shoreditch option for table/live football combo) - but I prob can't make 4 May as I'm coming back from Chile that day.

About which, I won't be around for the next few weeks because of that. See you tonight though...

C
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

Hi all,

Just wanted to say that I have decided last night was my last game for a while. I am taking part in a big charity cycle ride this summer for the National Autistic Society (Etape Du Tour). It's one that involves a lot of training... I just can't run the risk of a silly tackle/challenge resulting in an injury at this stage that would jeopardise that... it looks like you have enough numbers to keep things going!

If anyone would like to support me in my challenge there is more info here:

http://www.justgiving.com/droidathon

Cheers

Droid.
Donny

Post by Donny »

Close game last night and thanks to Alex for bringing Russ, John and Will to even up the numbers.
Droid no problem, good luck with the training and hope to see you back soon.

Confirmations for Weds 13th and night out please

In
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

I'm out for next week as will Balham Steve.

Back for the 20th though.