5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Tarbs

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Tarbs »

Good game last night, even though I managed to miss the barn door on countless occasions, I blame the trainers I've been wearing since I had one too many at Donny's and left my turf boots on the train.
Back to school again, so I'll be out until June, but will try to make the drinks on 4th (although I'll pay for my own peanuts; wouldnt want to take anyone's share of the kitty as I'm an irregular...heaven forbid)

Peace out
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Can I suggest a firm but fair approach to the night out in Cockney Sparrah land?

Can we split the kitty according to how many games each player has played in the last 52 weeks? Extrapolate that figure against the y indice such as whether it was a £6 or an £8 week. Factor in actual performances each game. Divide by miles ran, sweat-expenditure in millilitres. Square that by goals scored and amount of times each player subbed themselves off/went in goals.

If rigorously applied there can be no problems with sp*nking the whole kitty, or part thereof, on a night of pool, nibbles and pints.

I might end up supping 30.237 pints of wife-beater (or 17.146 shots of tequila) and, quite frankly, Tarbs and his ilk can f*cking do one! :twisted:
Paul.

Post by Paul. »

I think goals/game would be a better ratio.
Donny

Post by Donny »

very tough game...

In for 27th
Ulysses
Parklife
Swartie
Donny

In for the drinks 4th May
Donny
Marathon
Cyclesteve
Ulysses
Powell
Biscuit
Bazwaldo
Swartie
Joe pinapples
Middlesborough
Paul (The North, right?)
Parklife

Possibles
Trickster
Tarbs
Diamondmaker

Any more? Pool table and space booked for 19.30

In for the managers role
A.N Other.....
Last time of asking as we need to get this sorted; after next week the block booking is finished and we run the risk of losing the slot
Powell

Post by Powell »

Great game last time, was so happy my foot held up....:) even got to wear my boots after months of having to wear trainers.

so Count me in for next week!

As for gaffer, maybe we should stop the game next week ten mins early and sort it out on the pitch that way every one is there (no one will turn up now)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

As always, an unintentionally hilarious post from Greg. He used a similar level of detail just a few months ago, when he was trying to prove I was pilfering money from the kitty. Good one, thanks.

Point I'm making is that you can spend your money how you want obviously, but as one of the maybe 7 or 8 people who, barring injury, go week-in, week-out all year around, It'd be nice to get even one free game out of it. Maybe one for whoever takes over to think about, but no biggie either way. Have a good night on Wednesday.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Diamondmaker wrote:As always, an unintentionally hilarious post from Greg. He used a similar level of detail just a few months ago, when he was trying to prove I was pilfering money from the kitty. Good one, thanks.
It was intentionally hilarious. And it was intentional to point out what an absolute d*ck you are, and continue to be. Glad you found it funny, it was meant to be. We all had a good laugh at your expense on Wednesday night. I think there was likely not one person who didn't mention your post when giving Donny the money or make some joke about taking their 'share' of the kitty.

I'd concur with Donny that there's plenty of people who I've met this past year that I'd share a few pints with in a heartbeat. You ain't one of them. Personally - and I only speak for myself here but doubtless there'll be others - I'd prefer it if you never came back and didn't come to the night out but then I'm not the gaffer any more so I cannot make the call.

I look forward to your continued paranoid witterings about me usurping you and even less to you being back on the pitch shouting at everyone about 'coming on lads' or blaming everyone around you. Only to then hilariously just hoof it to the oppo goalie or lose the ball Ad nauseum.

Your attitude is congruent with your footballing abilites; sh*t.
Paul.

Post by Paul. »

I think both of you should come along on Wed, then we won't need the pool table for entertainment.

biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Enjoying the game
Guys, I'm not sure about you, but I play football every Wednesaday because I enjoy it. For me that means a game which is competitive without being aggressive, and in which my team mates are disappointed when I miss a sitter (but realise I didn't do it on purpose), and pat me on the back when I score a decent goal or make a decent tackle.

It also means enjoying a few good-natured jokes in the bar afterwards about Mr A sticking the ball in row Z or Mr B scoring a superb own goal, but also a positive word about the goal or the save of the night.

Veer too far from that magic formula and I stop enjoying it!

The kitty
What to do with the kitty is an entirely reasonable thing to discuss, and a free game is a good idea. But as far as I'm aware, Donny suggested using the kitty for a night out on 6 April, and there were no dissenting voices in the following days (on the contrary, a number of people, including me, offered their support), so he had to assume that everyone was in agreement.

We might want to do things differently under the next boss. We can discuss when he takes over...

A new boss
Talking of which, we still need a new boss. It's not an onerous or difficul task: the pitch is block-booked, so all you have to do is collect the subs and wash the bibs once a week. Very occasionally you might need to call Goals to downgrade from a sevens pitch to a fives pitch.

So far AliB (now retired), Donny, Ulysses (twice), Diamondmaker, Marathon and I (twice) have taken charge. (Apologies to anyone I've missed.) Surely there must be another regular who will take on the role for a few weeks?

Next week
I'm in.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Forgive an outsider's interuption, chaps, but is the current spate of handbags between messrs Diamondmaker and Ulysses genuine, or is it just an impromptu performance?

Apologies in advance for any fuel my curiousity may have added to the fire, but it's just that online friction that could result in actual bloodshed is far more entertaining than a bit anonymous argy bargy. Public or private confirmation to that effect would be most welcome by myself and the audience.

Many thanks in advance.
sydders

Post by sydders »

In for the 27th
Cheers
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Move along BigBadWolf, nothing to see here...just a couple of Beta Males in rutting season... ; )

Powell

Post by Powell »

GAFFER ROLE

If everyone agree's and Trust's me with their money down the pub each week then i dont mind putting my name down for next gaffer

Powell's C.V

Perfect Footballer
Top Goal Scorer*
Great Sportsmanship
Handsome
Good looking
Amazing
Incredible
Awsome

The list can go on and ON.....:)

( No cocky comments back please as i'll sack you or at least put you on the bench)

so if you want me as your gaffer i will expect free beer each week! :)

Have a good weekend guys! stay out of trouble!!!!

*lost count on how many beautiful goals i have scored ;)
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Powell wrote:GAFFER ROLE
If everyone agree's and Trust's me with their money down the pub each week then i dont mind putting my name down for next gaffer

Powell's C.V

Perfect Footballer
Top Goal Scorer*
Great Sportsmanship
Handsome
Good looking
Amazing
Incredible
Awsome
You get my vote, even if you do sound a little like Mourinho with that modest description of yourself! :wink:

Much appreciated.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Count me in for wednesday.
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

In !!
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

In for this Wednesday. Anyone
who wants a lift from Tannsfeld Rd/ Newlands
Park area drop me a pm.
Still good for beers on wed 4th.

Nice work for taking on the gaffership Powell.

Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

'Snickers' and me both in for Wednesday.

Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Well done Alex on stepping forward. I think you'll do well. Not entirely sure I agree with all the points in your application but if you can't sell yourself and all that...

Nice one mate.

I would have thrown my hat in the ring for another round of the gaffership as I quite obviously enjoy doing it but Katherine and I are due to start NCT classes very soon. The Beckenham&Borders sessions are on Wednesday evenings in Sydders so with us expecting a child in October it might be that this week is my last (regular) game for some time.

That is why I just didn't turn up the other Wednesday...she wasn't well, as first-time mothers often are in the first trimester.

It's one Alpha male Joe P...I'll leave to you to make your own inference as to which one I think I am.
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Ulysses wrote:with us expecting a child in October it might be that this week is my last (regular) game for some time.
Congratulations to you both Greg, great news fella : )