5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
JoePineapples

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by JoePineapples »

How could I have doubted you, with 'swimmers' like that, Greg. Congrats !!
Donny

Post by Donny »

Alex - thanks for stepping in and you'll be fine. I'll speak to goals later and block book starting 11th May

In for tomorrow, and still room if there is anyone else?

Ulysses
Parklife
Swartie
Donny
Powell
Biscuitman
Sydders
Middlebrough
Cyclesteve
Bazwaldo
Snickers
Joe P
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

Sorry to be late, I'm in for 27th.
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi FB4

Any chance of a lift tomorrow ?
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

parklife wrote:Hi FB4

Any chance of a lift tomorrow ?
Meus etiam?

Pretentious, moi?
parklife

Post by parklife »

Hi Ulysses

will call for you about 8.10
parklife

Post by parklife »

Forgot to say congratuations !!!!!!!!!!!
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

Parklife I will pick you up at 8.10.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Morning, went down with food poisoning or nasty virus overnight, not sure which yet, so unfortunately will have to duck out. Will still pay subs, though. Sorry guys.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Sorry guys but I can't play as a direct result of this, I won't be handing over any subs though, you'll have to fight me forrit! : ) see you at the pub on the 4th... have a gg.
Donny

Post by Donny »

joe p - hope you're ok
Swartie - can't be helped

I'll drag along one of my mates to make it an even 12:

Ulysses
Parklife
Donny
Powell
Biscuitman
Sydders
Middlebrough
Cyclesteve
Bazwaldo
Snickers
FB4
Sean (my mate)
sydders

Post by sydders »

hi sorry all can't do it tonight; need to deliver project for tom am.
Donny

Post by Donny »

Well done tonight and thanks to Sean and Mike for making up the numbers to six a side 

No game next week May 4th as we have a table/space booked at http://theelbowroom.co.uk/shoreditch/ from 19.30. Still an open invite to anyone who has ever played to join us.

Unfortunately the kitty has taken a battering the last few weeks with short numbers and last minute no shows; it stands at £154.50 so i will collect "subs" next week to go towards pool and drinks. I'll leave £40 float for alex's tenure. I have signed a new contract for a block booking of the sevens pitch for 10 weeks starting 11th may 
and will wash kit and hand over then.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by Donny on 28 Apr 2011 09:10, edited 1 time in total.
Powell

Post by Powell »

agreed very good game and yes thanks to sean and my dad, haha cant believe you guys got him to play, but he loved it...brang back some good memorys for him! who knows maybe i can convince him to come down everynow and again!

well done Bibs! 6-5 in the end but colours we played great, loads of passing! i even shocked greg afew times! come on i cant be that bad! lol

cheers donny, £40 in my bank already, i'm not doing to bad! only one thing i will not be around june the 1st and 8th so if someone dont mind stepping in that will be great. but otherwise i look forward to taking over ;)

let hope we can keep numbers up every week!

PS. 2 MORE GOALS TO ADD TO MY TALLY!!! not like i can remember how many i have scored now but its adding up nicely!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

The two elder statesmen were both in goals last night and both did themselves proud. Cheers to Sean for stepping in at such late notice too!

I got the dates wrong, Katherine was 16weeks as of yesterday and therefore our NCT classes don't start until July and not June as I thought...so you're lumbered with me for potentially a few games yet, possibly.

I need play at least once more to redress my shocking shooting of last night. Think it was Bill McLaren of Rugby fame who used to say "high, wide and not particularly handsome" when someone missed. I had that in my head all night *sigh*.

A tad disappointing on the kitty but shows how far we've progressed that we're disappointed at it being £150 when not too long ago we were chuffed if the kitty was as high as £30?
parklife

Post by parklife »

Yes great game last night

Powell - I can do June 1st and 8th

see you guys wednesday in shoreditch
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

cheers donny, £40 in my bank already, i'm not doing to bad! only one thing i will not be around june the 1st and 8th so if someone dont mind stepping in that will be great. but otherwise i look forward to taking over ;)

Unless there's a massive consenus to the contrary I'll cover for you those 2 weeks Alex. Happy to step aside if needs be but happy to cover for you also. Pencil me in.
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

Yes, enjoyable game. A particularly commanding performance from the boy Middlesbrough I felt!
Powell wrote:PS. 2 MORE GOALS TO ADD TO MY TALLY!!! not like i can remember how many i have scored now but its adding up nicely!
Enough already or I'll mention my own brace last night (oh - I just did) and it could have been a glorious hat-trick if that bent shot from left channel hadn't hit the corner of crossbar and upright! :roll:

Looking forward meeting up in Elbow Room next Wednesday, be getting home in the car about 7 so hoping to be able to get upto Shoreditch for 8 or just after.
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

Excellent "rant" from Biscuitman on the 22nd!

I hoping for my foot to be back to normal by the 11th. I guess with Greg out for a while (congratulations by the way) his issue with me not playing isn't an issue. So if anyone else has a problem with me playing, let me know before the 11th. I'm assuming most people couldn't give a crap either way.
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Diamondmaker wrote:Excellent "rant" from Biscuitman on the 22nd!
Think of it as my Pep Guardiola moment! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13197088.stm
bazwaldo wrote:Enough already or I'll mention my own brace last night
And indeed mine, including the glorious toe punted winner!
Ulysses wrote: Unless there's a massive consenus to the contrary I'll cover for you those 2 weeks Alex. Happy to step aside if needs be but happy to cover for you also. Pencil me in.
Nice one. You get my vote.

See you all at The Elbow Room next week.