5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
FLETCH

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by FLETCH »

FLETCH is in for Wednesday
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Marathon wrote:But with no gaffer has anyone booked the pitch?
I've checked with Goals and it's booked in Powell's name. He needs to check tomorrow how many more weeks the booking runs for.

Who's got the bibs? Please bring them tomorrow!

We need a new boss. I don't think Dalglish is up for another job anytime soon, so we need someone to step up. If you don't think you can commit to every week, how about a job share?
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Well of course I've got the bibs cos no-one stepped up last week. If Phil or Saul plays, they can oblige otherwise not sure what's going to happen cos I'm on a flight to Washington at 8am.
There should be another 3-4 weeks booked up but best check. Al there's £130 in the kitty. Steve owes a few quid and Manu and Fahd 8 each but not sure we'll see that again.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Just a reminder of who has already stepped into the gaffers shoes over the last couple of years:

Alib
Biscuitman
Ulysses
Diamond maker
Powell
Marathon
JoePineapples
Donny

dhg

Post by dhg »

Hi guys. I'm off on a holiday tomorrow early flight so can't make tonight - partly yes out of fear of state my body will be in afterwards. I will probably miss next Wednesday as well. However definitely want to return and keep at it, starting June 6th.

I see there's some organisational problems and I can guess people are off on hols during summer, and then there's the Euros etc.

But anyway I'm in for the summer, gonna try and get some jogging done between now and my next appearance, to at least put something in the tank. I'll check back in here before June 6th and see where it's at.

Til then,

Dave.
Powell

Post by Powell »

Thanks for letting us know Dave

Mixing up the Teams - so for tonight will be

BIBS

Rob
Richard
Christian
Phil
Jonathan
Darren
Matt

COLOURS

Alex
Fletch
Chris-chrelcombe
Chris
Steve
Frank
Saul

NO this does not mean i'm going to be gaffer again, just helping this week until someone steps up
CMANN

Post by CMANN »

Hi guys,

Just off to get some much needed new trainers today while ive got the chance - anyhow Ive had a good look and reckon I will be coming via new beckenham station around 8- unless something unexpected happens (Im on baby duty til 7pm!)

See you at that bar in the goals club 815

Christian
Powell

Post by Powell »

I've attached a photo of us just so you know who to look for

biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

That’s me in the middle. :D

Here’s a suggestion for a new management arrangement... I’ll block book the pitch for ten weeks and then:
1. At the end of each game, one person takes the bibs home, washes them and brings them back the following week
2. That person also takes the kitty
3. On the following Wednesday, that person collects the subs and picks two teams
4. Return to step one with a different person

I’ll draw up a rota if needs be. If someone can’t take their turn because they can’t make it they’ll need to make arrangements to swap with someone else.

How does that sound?

See you tonight, gents!
Powell

Post by Powell »

Richard as much as that sounds good, it will never work...

Right i'm taking over again!

But i will NOT be washing the bib's, each person will be takin them home each week....

If your not willing to wash the bibs then i'll go buy 20 bibs....each person can have one and take it home to wash, then we will have no complaints....you dont bring your bib u dont play! simple...we can do this, but it will just be wasting the kitty money! up to you guys to help out

As for the kitty we will be arranging a night out and it will be spent, so either turn up on the night or lose out!

I WANT EVERYONES NUMBERS - NO NUMBER THEN YOU DO NOT PLAY, I DONT CARE! I WILL SEND A TEXT OUT ON MONDAY MORNING AND I WANT A RESPONCE BY MONDAY NIGHT! NO RESPONCE THEN DONT TURN UP AS YOU WILL NOT BE PLAYING

tonight i want all your numbers and someone will be taking the bibs!
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Very good of you to step up, Alex.

Happy to be the first volunteer for bib washing.
CMANN

Post by CMANN »

Hear Hear!

Ive no problem washing bibs - but Ive gotta get to you guys first .... as we speak im at home getting texts from my wife who is stuck on the only broken down train in the whole of london, near clapham junction, on the hottest day of the year so far......she has been for last 20 minutes and im getting the message that they are not moving soon.....so yet again im sry guys im not gonna make it if shes not back by 730 (usually she gets home before 7).

Anyhow - got my new trainers and fingers cross i may as yet be able to swanny off to the station on this perfect footballing evening!!

So frustrating!! Im usually more reliable than this..........

Christian
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Yep, apologies for my non-attendance too. It took me two and a quarter hours to get home tonight - no Jubilee line and very little in the way of trains leaving London Bridge. I only got to Sydenham staion just as you were kicking off.

Subject to public transport, I'm in for next week (and bib washing).
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

Scored one (toe punt).

Can't play next week only.
Powell

Post by Powell »

New Rules....

from now on If you commit and dont turn up, you will be fined £2! I know things happen but this is what is going to happen from now on!

Each game will be £8 and will NEVER change, the Pitch is £92 and anything else go's in the kitty, incase we need new ball's or if we have enough a night out

Everyone will take turns to wash the bib's

I have most peoples numbers but i'm missing the following:

Nigel (sme_needs)
Steve (mancexile)
Dave (dhg)
Rob (rob_b)
Chris (columbus)
Matt (dunebuggy)
Ben (Joepineapples)
Saul (marathon)

Please send me your numbers ( private msg) before sunday....if not you will not be playing next week...i can not be any clearer!

I will send a text to EVERYONE on monday morning and i want a responce by Monday night...text me on tuesday and u wont be playing on wednesday

I'm not going to be chasing people...

Have a good week
Powell

Post by Powell »

Guys we have to be quick about this so i can book it

but i've found a place for the night out...so either

monday 11 June - England v France

or

Tuesday 19th June - England v Ukraine

VENUE

Pause
80-84, Leadenhall Street, Bank, EC3A 3DH

£30pp: (Available on All Matches) - Unlimited selected wines and bottle beers, spirits & mixers and soft drinks + selection of BBQ Ribs & Hot Chicken Wings with chips & wedges...

with the Kitty, will work out about £25 each...

So i need date perferred and if your ok with the venue...
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

I can prob only make the Monday for above, that's a ruddy good deal Al boy !! Unlimited beer ... Oh dear.

Powell

Post by Powell »

Email from Pause Bar

On this moment we have availability on both days We requesting £100 deposit

So i need to know URGENTLY
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Both dates fine with me.
Swartie