5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
hutchman

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by hutchman »

I am good for Wednesday 21st

cheers

Dan
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

I'm in for 21st, but can't make the social on 28th sadly.

thanks
C
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

I can't make next Wednesday, off to Arsenal/ Montpellier.

I am definitely good for Wednesday 28th, have heard that place does good food and am ok with it but it might be worth giving a second option just in case people want more flexibility in what they spend? (ie. a menu that provides some cheaper options?) Would be good to maximise attendance but if everyone is cool with that place then great.
sydders

Post by sydders »

Hi,
In for 21st and the Social.
Cheers

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
SME_Needs

Post by SME_Needs »

Happy for anyone to provide feedback on the teams. Have you got time to suggest scores for players if we chatted tomorrow evening?

Nige - don't want to interfere in the managerial process but the starting sides have been a bit lop-sided the last few weeks. A suggestion: the way Swartie and I used to pick teams when I was running things was to assign each player a score (between 1 and 3) and the trick was to end up with the same total for each team. Requires a bit of tinkering and some forward planning but might make a difference, especially when we have equal numbers.[/quote]
SME_Needs

Post by SME_Needs »

I'm in for Wednesday and the social, although I'm gonna be arriving later on as Jane is working that day. I reckon I'll get there around 8 - 8.30 (and so will the kitty!!!)

Current Numbers (assuming I've recorded it right);

Football this week (7):
Me
Biscuitman
Joe Pineapples
Swartie
Hutchman
Chrelcombe
Sydders

Social (6):
Biscuitman
Pineapples
Swartie
Bazwaldo
Sydders
Me
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

bazwaldo wrote:I am definitely good for Wednesday 28th, have heard that place does good food and am ok with it but it might be worth giving a second option just in case people want more flexibility in what they spend? (ie. a menu that provides some cheaper options?) Would be good to maximise attendance but if everyone is cool with that place then great.
I'm okay with it too, but if we need another option how about http://www.byronhamburgers.com? Spitalfieds branch is 12 minutes walk from Swartie's suggested pub.
FLETCH

Post by FLETCH »

FLETCH UNAVAILABLE, PICKED UP KNEE INJURY LAST WEDNESDAY.....
Frankohara

Post by Frankohara »

In for football and social
Cheers
Frank

Swartie

Post by Swartie »

biscuitman1978 wrote:
bazwaldo wrote:I am definitely good for Wednesday 28th, have heard that place does good food and am ok with it but it might be worth giving a second option just in case people want more flexibility in what they spend? (ie. a menu that provides some cheaper options?) Would be good to maximise attendance but if everyone is cool with that place then great.
I'm okay with it too, but if we need another option how about http://www.byronhamburgers.com? Spitalfieds branch is 12 minutes walk from Swartie's suggested pub.
Yeah this sounds good, Byron Burger dows great food, may be the better option for all, theres one at "One New Change" just down from St Pauls... See you Wednesday
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

What happened to that new guy Phil? He said a couple of weeks back he'd be playing this week and Greg seems to have gone awol again...

biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Joe Pineapples wrote:What happened to that new guy Phil? He said a couple of weeks back he'd be playing this week and Greg seems to have gone awol again...
I texted Phil but got no reply.

Greg is a law unto himself. But then that's all part of his charm.
Frankohara

Post by Frankohara »

Lads I've done something to my back, I'm going to have to pull out of football tonight.
Apologies
Frank

Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Looks like we're down to 7...unless someone else steps up, looks like a cancellation, non?
SME_Needs

Post by SME_Needs »

problem is that its too late to cancel and we'll have to pay for the pitch anyway
SME_Needs

Post by SME_Needs »

we can always ask them to see if they can find any players for us - your thoughts?
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Might be worth a try but can't see there would be people on a standby list, waiting for a game. If we have to pay, we have to pay. It's the way it goes.
Powell

Post by Powell »

IN FOR SOCAL! anything is good to me! just let me know where and i'll be there!

scores of 1-3?? i'm a 5!!!
SME_Needs

Post by SME_Needs »

Alex,

I was working on 1 being great and 3 no so, so if you think you're a five, I'll take that into account going forward!!

I've asked Goals to see if they can find 2-3 players for us for this evening and they should call me back later. I've also asked a friend if he fancies playing as I've mentioned it to him before and he seems interested
SME_Needs

Post by SME_Needs »

guys,

Goals has organised two guys to join us this evening so that makes 9. As we will have to pay for the pitch anyway, I think we should play.

The weather is supposed to clear up so it shouldn't be too bad later on

see you there