5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Swartie

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Swartie »

In for Wednesday ta!
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

In for Wednesday and am also kind of interested for Catford.

Be good to save a few quid but I wouldn't go and play there at half 8 due to the increased journey time to get back home (which as of 7 days time will be in North London rather than Balham).

Not going to be in for the Catford game on the 31st either, in Portugal.

Cheers
Powell

Post by Powell »

Reposting this to make sure everyone see's!

Everyone, As no one has offered to take over i will carry on, but its getting harder to know who's coming or not! Reason why is that people are not confirming until tuesday meaning its hard to make a decision weather to down grade to a 5's or keep the 7's!!

To make this simple i want everyone to private msg me their numbers so i can find out if your coming without having to keep checking this forum! please continue to post your availability so other member's know who's coming!

As for the other site, I'm still keeping track of goals and scores each week! so keep posting your goals so it helps me out, hard to keep track if its a high scoring game!

As for the kit, i would like everyone to take responsibility for it once every now and again! its not hard just afew bib's and saves me doing it everyweek!

(CATFORD)

I understand that catford is more of a mission to get to but as for saving money the pitch will cost £54 per week rather the £89.75 we pay at goals, this means you will pay no more than £5 each week!

if we got 14 players each week paying £5 for 10weeks, we would have £700! cost of pitch would be £540 meaning we would have £160 in the kitty!

So after 30weeks we could use the kitty for a night out or just have 10weeks of playing for free!!! sounds good aye!

Have a good weekend guys and see you wednesday!

Catford has been booked for 8pm on monday 31st October! i've booked a 5's pitch as they didnt have a 7's but if we decide to stay with them we will keep to a wednesday

so far i have for monday

1 xav
2 alex
3 saul
4 steve
5 barry
6 matt

so we need 4 or 6 more!

(william and akio if we cant get enough players)
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Almost certainly out on Wednesday as I have hurt my ribs.

Hope to be back for the Monday game at Catford. I will let you know if I decide I'm not up to it.

As for venues, I'm not overly fussed about where we play, provided that someone can give me a lift! But as others have pointed out, I'm not sure it's worth trekking over there to save a couple of quid.

I also prefer Wednesdays rather than Mondays and 8pm or 8:30pm rather than 7:30pm. I'll go with the flow, but there's a good chance that I'll be late if it's 7:30pm.

It's a shame that no one has volunteered to take over from Powell as boss (and I speak as someone who has done the job twice). Are there really no volunteers? If not, thanks to Powell for agreeing to carry on and I'm happy to take my turn washing the bibs.
Redhead

Post by Redhead »

Chaps, i'm now OUT for Wednesday, played for a mates team at the weekend and took a small knock on my ankle. Nothing serious but i'm not going to bother risking it.

Apologies.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Guys,

In for Weds! Also, should be up for next Monday in Catford. There is no way I can get to a game at 7:30pm due to work and may struggle to get to an 8pm so 8:30pm is definitely my preference. As for where to play I would prefer Beckenham as easier for me to get to but playing at Catford should be ok if still starting at 8:30...I'll need to work out route/location. Alex, as you may have guessed I rarely (5 mins a week to write my availability) go on the forum but I could take over the management for a bit if you like as I am generally playing most weeks. I'll just have to learn to look at the website etc a bit more often. Let me know what you want to do on Weds.

Cheers Tricky

ps Marvin has hurt his ankle but if we are short of players still by tomorrow arvo he says he may be up for playing if it feels a bt better by then.
JoePineapples

Post by JoePineapples »

Sorry for the late post; not here this week unfortunately but in for Monday's Catford try out.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Paul.

Post by Paul. »

In for Wednesday
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I'm out this Wednesday.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

HI guys, sorry for late post. Am doubtful for Wednesday I am afraid. I will pm my mobile number and let you know if a last minute call up is available.

Noticed my name up for Catford, in theory I am available for the venue but not the 31st, or any other Monday. If you like the place and we decide to move then happy to go with the crowd but would still need to be a 8:30pm kick off and not on Mondays.
Powell

Post by Powell »

i'm gonna downgrade to a 5's now

only have 8 confirmed

alex
rick
matt
sean
phil
tracky
steve
barry

and 3 maybe's

darren
marvin
greg

if you can bring anyone that would be great
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm afraid Sean has dropped out - I'll try to get a replacement
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

We're not looking good, Marvin's ankle is still injured so he won't be playing, looks like we are only 7 so far!
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

I can make tomorrow if you're short?

Re other issues - I'd volunteer for manager but as I'm only able to be a semi-regular attendee at best it's probably not a great idea. Happy to wash bibs on a week I'm playing though...
biscuitman1978

5-a-side footie

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I saw Greg last night, rushing along the high street to join his wife who was in the early stages of labour. I suspect he'll be a bit busy this week, so I doubt you'll see him at football!

Please assume I'm out for Monday (as well as tomorrow), as I've really hurt my ribs (falling out of the shower, since you ask). Hopefully back soon!
Powell

Post by Powell »

i got let go by my company yesterday so i forgot to check the forum to see if we have enough, looks like we have 8 so i rang goals to see if we can cancel but we cant,they will find 2 players for us to make up numbers! unless anyone can find 2 players before tonight!

sorry guys but just had alot to do yesterday!

So if you know of any jobs let me know! i can cook, clean and do anything u like ;)
Kevan

Post by Kevan »

Hi Guys (Alex)
Just to confirm pitch is all booked for the 31st for you.
Look forward to seeing you then.
In case anyones interested, you can interact with Powerleague on Facebook, where they have a message board and the opportunity to interact with over 600 other 'friends'. They make regular posts, with events and other news.
You can also view their website at www.catford@powerleague.co.uk, where more news, league tables and special offers are also available, there is also a new app called 'my team' coming soon that allows you to 'own' your own team, message each other, post pics and news items yourself. Kev
Powell

Post by Powell »

dan is joinin us tonight so we need one moreplayer! can anyone find anyone?
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I have asked a mate of mine but am still waiting for his reply.

As far as I can see we potentially have the following...

1) Alex
2) Rick
3) Matt
4) Phil
5) Me
6) Steve
7) Barry
8) Chris (Chrelcombe)
9) Dan
10) Darren (if you call him and he can make it)?

So that's 10, or have I missed something?

Cheers Tricky
Powell

Post by Powell »

yep thats 10 if darren can make it