5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Joe Pineapples

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Joe Pineapples »

In for next week.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Powell

Post by Powell »

1 Powell
2 Daniel
3 Paul
4 Marathon
5 Biscuitman1978
6 Parklife
7 Fatbackfour
8 Sydders
9 Ulyeese
10 Joe pineapples

any more guys??
parklife

Post by parklife »

viet is a probable - will confirm early next week
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'll be back from my travels and in for next week; looking forward to a kickabout!

Swartie

Post by Swartie »

Infor this week thanks
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

In for Weds please

Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

I'm in for Wednesday as well.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

I'm IN for Weds, Cheers Tricky
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

In for Wednesday. Apologies for late etc...
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

In for Wednesday.

chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Sorry for lateness.

Would like to play on Wed but won't be able to know if I can escape work in time until late-ish on the day. Also, maybe you've got enough numbers?

If there's still room and I'm in time, I'll be there.

Think that's probably my vaguest post ever, and possibly worse than not replying at all! Sorry...
Powell

Post by Powell »

Final Call up! sorry anyone not on this list will not be playing this week

1 Powell
2 Paul
3 Marathon
4 Biscuitman1978
5 Parklife
6 Fatbackfour
7 Sydders
8 Ulyeese
9 Joe pineapples
10 donny
11 Swartie
12 cycle steve
13 middlesbrough
14 Trickster
15 tarbs
16 Bazwaldo

Depending how busy the pitch is, this will be played with subs! £7 each this week!

Sorry guys but name's listed below will not be playing this week, either your to late (chris) or not regulars ( if anyone has there numbers please let them know)

Daniel
Viet
Chris

Parklife - Please can you let viet know i'm really sorry but we have to many players this week

I'll contact daniel and let him know

Chris, really sorry mate!
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Slightly controversial Alex? We’ve always accommodated anyone who wants to play and I think it will be counterproductive to continue with this ‘policy’ in the future. We can play with subs, bolster the kitty, or reduce the cost on the night. And in my book Viet has become a regular.

Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Ultimately it's Alex's final call as gaffer but I must agree I'm in two minds about cutting players, even if only for one week. One the one hand it's great that demand is so high and yet on the other it does set a precedent - especially as we have been scrabbling around looking for players relatively often.

Chris has often stepped in to fill a void and, indeed Viet did the week before last. As did Daniel last week. Hardly seems fair that they can play when we 'need' them and not when we don't?

I've got no problem playing 8-a-side with a pair of rolling subs. Which, I think should ensure everyone who wants to play, can do so. The pitch is big enough for us to be able to do that?

Still, your call Alex.
Powell

Post by Powell »

Marathon i fully understand where your coming from but as the pitch gets very crowded when playing 8 v 8, but if everyone is happy playing 8 v 8 with roll on subs i'm cool with that, daniel has dropped out over other commitments so mean we keep numbers even aswel!

so chris and viet can play! once again please let them know they can play tomorrow night as i dont have numbers!

Ok, thats sorted then!

Teams

1 powell
2 Paul
3 Marathon
4 Biscuitman1978
5 Parklife
6 Fatbackfour
7 Sydders
8 Ulyeese
9 Joe pineapples
10 donny
11 Swartie
12 cycle steve
13 middlesbrough
14 Trickster
15 tarbs
16 Bazwaldo
17 Chris
18 viet

Hopefully everyone is happy with that
Powell

Post by Powell »

P.s - If EVERYONE turn's up tomorrow it will be £5 each!
Donny

Post by Donny »

Cut Alex some slack, he's had to make a call (the right one in my opinion) as it's too many on that pitch. Not everyone is as willing as us to roll on and off without prompting....

Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Donny wrote:Cut Alex some slack, he's had to make a call (the right one in my opinion) as it's too many on that pitch. Not everyone is as willing as us to roll on and off without prompting....

It certainly wasn't my intention to come across as if I was remonstrating with Alex, I still don't know how you read that. But apologies to Alex and anyone else who inferred it thusly.

I just felt it was wrong to cast aside - even for just one week - 3 players as if they were no better than cheap dates.

Rereading both Saul and my posts it's a simple case of offering up our own opinions...and our suggested solutions. Seemed, and still seems, fair enough to me.
Powell

Post by Powell »

it was not a nice decision to make but one i felt was right, we had 19 players and could have been more, the fact is i think having to many subs on a small pitch will not be good ( just my opinion) fair enough if we are guaranteed 90mins worth of play each week but we are not and only get that by chance that someone else dont book after us.

no need to apologise greg, i understand where u are coming from! i would not like to be dropped myself! but is was easier dropping 3 then just 1 being singled out.

Anyway lets drop this now, everyone will be playing tomorrow and lets just have a good game!!
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Hi All,

Just to add my spanner to the works, I am going to pull out from tonight's game so that should at least mean one less sub. My wife is coming home from her hip operation today but will be on crutches so as we have so many players I should probably stay home and look after her.

My opinion, for what it's worth, is that Alex made pretty much the right decision in that 19 is too many players so we should cut it off at really 16 max on a first come first served basis (rather than if you are regular or not as this is rightly open to everyone who wants to join). On the rare occasion such as this where we have too many players, that would mean that 9 times out of 10 I would miss out as I am so useless at posting, but that's fair enough. Have a good game and see you next week.

Cheers Tricky