5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

ok, i'll call the centre on Friday and reserve a pitch for next wednesday 10th june 8pm. That way I don't look like a muppet when all the pitches are booked.

I'm not sure if my knee is feeling better, or whether a smash in the b0ll0cks has just distracted my attention. Hopefully all 3 should be painless by next week.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

it's booked
8pm kick off.
wednesday june 10th
£6 each

see you all then. and remember money for a beer afterwards.

Don't let me down guys. This is always a bit of a 'nerve-jangler' when i book a pitch. Unless i give more than 48hours notice of cancellation, I am still liable for the total cost of £58.70p.
Last edited by ALIB on 5 Jun 2009 10:29, edited 2 times in total.
Trickster

Post by Trickster »

Ali B & Co,

Really enjoyed Wednesday despite my inability to hit a barn door with a banjo. Should be ok for next Wednesday but may potentially get hold of a ticket for the England world cup qualifier so will let you know nearer the time if that's ok?

Cheers Dickie
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Wembley is a fantastic stadium. There aren't really any queues for food or toilets and the views are tremendous.

i lost faith supporting England many years ago and for numerous resons which are maybe deserving of their own thread in the pub.

However, I hope you get your ticket Dickie. If not, see you next week in Beckenham
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

the england v andorra match kicks off at 20;15 on the 10th june. for anyone wanting to watch the match, we can catch the whole of the second half at the bar.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Not too bothered about watching a match against what is, in world cup terms, equivalent to a team of 5 year olds.

I'm still going to play on Weds.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Marathon wrote:Not too bothered about watching a match against what is, in world cup terms, equivalent to a team of 5 year olds.
I'm still going to play on Weds.
yeah, but what about Andorra?
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

:P

I have to ask - whatever possessed you to by that piece of Chelsea tat.. er sorry that interesting Chelsea curiosity? Speaking as a chelsea fan, I wouldn't have that in the house. And more relevently, neither would the missus!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

footbal tomorrow, rain or not. We've been lucky so far in having spiffing weather to date. My knee should be OK tomorrow, so i'll be playing.

And the Chelsea thing was intended to be a tacky Christmas present for my Brother,....but he gave it back.
Trickster

Tonight

Post by Trickster »

Just to let you know I will be playing tonight and may be able to get someone else as well if we are short of numbers. See you at 8pm

Cheers Dickie
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Seeing as no-one will be at Wembley, maybe we'll get a few more.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

did you have a good one? I couldn't make it due to work...

And sorry for shouting at your on Sydenham Road when you were on your way to footy ALIB!

I should be around next week...
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

last night was a bit of a c0ck up.

I'll update later when I've spoken to the Manager at Goals, but at the moment there is £58 outstanding for last nights pitch, which was impractical to use as only 5 people showed up.

I have to say Bensonby, I was a non-believer in your vocation. That's put me straight.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

ALIB wrote:last night was a bit of a c0ck up.

I'll update later when I've spoken to the Manager at Goals, but at the moment there is £58 outstanding for last nights pitch, which was impractical to use as only 5 people showed up.
that sounds crap! What happened to people!?
I have to say Bensonby, I was a non-believer in your vocation. That's put me straight.
You though I was a walt!? :shock:
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

The smooth-talking bar steward has sorted the situation.

Cue the old 'the other team didn't turn up because of the tube strike' story and the pitch booking has been shifted to Wednesday 17th. Kick off 8pm.

Come on guys, I'll try and get some more people also. Please let me know your availability. This has to go ahead now........

New-comers welcome
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

Nicely done!

I can't make it on 17 June due to a work commitment. Keen to play most Wednesdays, though.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Guys, I need a show of hands for next week. At the moment I'm thinking of rescheduling for the 24th, because Rich (bib man and ball owner) and Ben cannot make it on the 17th. I don't want to keep the booking for the 17th if there is only going to be three of us.

At the moment I'm thinking of shifting the booking to the 24th, which I need to do by this Saturday. Thoughts anyone?
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I did indeed PM ALIB to cancel my attendance next week - something has come up.

I am free the week after though.

Unfortunately (as I've made clear) my job makes it quite hard to be a regular.

Also, I do think people should help ALIB shoudler the financial risk - offering to pay a few weeks up front as its unfair that he will be left with the bill if noone turns up.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Ali - I'll be there again next week along with my bro. I'll bring the cannonball with me.

After we left on wednesday, we were discussing the issue about how to overcome such a night when hardly anyone turns up but there is still a financial commitment. We came up with the same idea as Bensonby - Those that wish to play the following week should give you the cash in advance, incentivising them to turn up. If more turn up on the day, then a small refund all round. At least then you wouldn't be left to facing the prospect of trying to negotiate with Goals.

Well done with rescheduling. One thing to be thankful to the tube strikers for!!
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

cheers for the back-up guys. I'll wait until nearer the end of today regarding whether to re-schedule. At the moment it looks like me , Marathon and brother for next week.

We need at least 8 people next week to make this work, so please post your availability. I'll post a decision at the end of today because I probably won't get away with a blag for another week.