Amazing family friendly days out 1.5 hrs from se26

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Jollylolly

Re: Amazing family friendly days out 1.5 hrs from se26

Post by Jollylolly »

Took my 3 and 1 year old boys to Hever castle the other day and they loved it. Not sure if just due to summer hols, but they had reenactments with Henry viii etc and jousting. Well worth the entry fee. A full day out
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Lullingstone Castle, only 30-40 minutes away by car is well worth a visit. They do classic car days too. There are amazing walks around there too, and the Lullingstone Roman Villa. It's a great place for a picnic, fly a kite or to play games in the surrounding countryside.
gerispringer

Post by gerispringer »

I don't know anyone has mentioned Stratford Olympic Park - lots of things for kids , playground, fountains to run through etc, easy to get to via the Overground.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I think it has. Sadly one of the main playground is shut at the moment, but it's a good place. The walk along the river is good too and there is a 4 quarters there, which is a bar with loads of old arcade machine, sega Playstations etc (not so much for the kids!).
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

Went to Coombe Wood (borough of Croydon) a fortnight ago with the kids. Nothing child specific but it is the right size for a walk with younger ones. There are gardens with wel kept beds, rockeries and a wooded area. We made a den. The cafe has a children’s menu and my food was much above average for a park cafe. Lots of ice cream flavours too.

We also had a round of mini golf at “dragon golf” recently which is nearish Coombe wood. Bit run down and dragon doesn’t work, but hey the kids loved it and during half term it was mega quiet.
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

Last weekend we went to Eagle Heights. 30 min drive near Eynsford Great place
MaxHolder

Post by MaxHolder »

Jollylolly wrote: 23 May 2018 22:00 Went to Coombe Wood (borough of Croydon) a fortnight ago with the kids. Nothing child specific but it is the right size for a walk with younger ones. There are gardens with wel kept beds, rockeries and a wooded area. We made a den. The cafe has a children’s menu and my food was much above average for a park cafe. Lots of ice cream flavours too.

We also had a round of mini golf at “dragon golf” recently which is nearish Coombe wood. Bit run down and dragon doesn’t work, but hey the kids loved it and during half term it was mega quiet.
We also went there last weekend, really nice and relaxing gardens and loved seeing the fishes. Absolutely loved it. Just make sure to wear proper shoes. Slops don't work well on the steeper areas!