High chairs in cafes

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Timbo79

High chairs in cafes

Post by Timbo79 »

Hi
Relatively new to the area, my other half and i headed out for lunch with our 11 month old baby in sydenham.
A few of the usual spots were closed as it was xmas break, i.e. 161, on the hoof. We tried a couple of other places we'd not been in a lot which had 1 or no high chairs so we ended up walking uo to FH.
Can anyone recommend the best places in Sydenham for lunch with a baby?
Thanks
Pally

Re: High chairs in cafes

Post by Pally »

On the hoof is welcoming as are cherry and ice. Brown and greens in Mayow park also good for kids. Alexandra Nurseries (penge) is good too
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

As mentioned above - Brown & Green.
On the Hoof is very welcoming of children.
Don't know about Hibagon (not sure what its opening hours are) but worth a phone call in advance to ask as the food is probably Sydenham's most interesting.
I used to take our son into Trattoria Raffaele when he was two and a half, falling asleep on our lap at the table. Can't remember if they had high chairs but I'd expect so.

Worth going to Bona in Forest Hill for pizza (and worth keeping their takeaway delivery details!)
Parkrunner

Post by Parkrunner »

Raffaele's has high chairs and is very welcoming of children, but not sure if they're open at lunchtimes...

Think the Golden Lion has high chairs too, as does the Dolphin. For all their unfriendly-sounding notices about children, the Dolphin were actually great when we took our two plus their baby cousin there for lunch a couple of Saturdays ago.

And there's always Chef's Delight if you fancy finishing off your arteries :D
Timbo79

Post by Timbo79 »

Thanks for the suggestions.