Dentist for children

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Ria

Dentist for children

Post by Ria »

Can anyone recommend a good local dentist for children please?

Many thanks!
Pally

Re: Dentist for children

Post by Pally »

Good ones I know are Bolney Court in Laurie Park Road and Towneley Road ....bus ride on 176 rewards East Dulwich
mosy

Post by mosy »

As Townley Rd has been mentioned, they used to have a good orthodontist service for children, e.g. fitting braces. I don't know if they still do - or if all dentists do - but their link is here: https://townleydental.co.uk/ They came recommended to me but the wait time was very long so worth thinking about braces early if likely to be advantageous.
Ria

Post by Ria »

Thank you Pally and mosy. We used to live in ED and still have dentist there but would really like to find someone in Sydenham so I don't have to to travel with my 2 active boys.
Ideally we would like to find a good dental practice in Sydenham for the whole family.
Thanks!
mosy

Post by mosy »

I was going to say that Lawrie Park Road (Bolney Court) is in Sydenham (and recommended) and probably walking distance but I'm not sure if it's still open as one site says "Closed now". Anyone know?

I tried one (once) towards Lower Sydenham but I wasn't keen TBH but of course it tends to depend on which dentist(s) you see and who you get on with. There is one at the top end of Sydenham Road just before the railway bridge (south side), but I have no knowledge of them. If you're up that end (top, west) Syd. Road, there's also one virtually next door to Forest Hill station "Harunani" IIRC which I used for ages, although needs a bus ride up Kirkdale/Dartmouth Road to get there (or single stop from Syd train Station). There's also one on Perry Vale that's easy if you catch a 75 bus at the stop opposite Newlands Park and get off just before it gets to Woolstone Road. I've no knowledge of it though.

Hope you find the one that's right for you and yours.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

"Closed now' literally means it's not open at the time you are looking at the website. Google scans websites for the opening hours of businesses and puts them in the top summary result.
Ria

Post by Ria »

Thank you Mosy, will check them out.