Earlesthorpe/Thorpes - schools help please!

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
SydSophie

Earlesthorpe/Thorpes - schools help please!

Post by SydSophie »

Hi there. I’d really appreciate some help on local primary schools. We’ve fallen in love with a house on Earlesthorpe Road but struggling to work out what good primary school options our daughter (now 3) would have. We live in Peckham at the moment so don’t know the area all that well (but really like what we’ve seen). It’s just the school situation that’s worrying me as this part of Sydenham seems to be a bit of a black spot. Does anyone know where kids living on the Thorpes streets go to school? I’ve requested distance data from the council but imagine it will take a while to come through! Thanks so much.
mikej

Re: Earlesthorpe/Thorpes - schools help please!

Post by mikej »

I'm not sure why no one has replied to your query, but have a look at this website which shows the location of primaries on a map (you can zero in on Sydenham) and where their catchments have extended to in recent years.
Adamsrill and St Bart's seem to cover your area.

https://www.locrating.com/school_catchm ... hooltype=0
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

I know a few people in Thorpes and all at different schools and all happy. Sydenham is great for primary schools, as above poster said check catchments on the map. I’d say you have the choice of most things: Barts, Adamsrill, St Michaels, St Philip Neri. I know people who have kids in all these schools and all happy. Once you go and visit you will know which one is right for your child. The competition for places doesn’t seem AS bad as Peckham/East Dulwich. I moved from there 3.5 years ago. Ask this question on Sydenham mums Facebook group if you haven’t already. I think most folk just look at townhall section here!
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

I don't think the religious schools come up on the catchment map? Anyway, St Barts is a good school and I imagine you would geographically have a good chance of getting a place there.
I liked Adamsrill when I went to the open day there and friends with kids there are very happy with it.
Parkrunner

Post by Parkrunner »

The catchment distances should be available on the council's website. Adding two and two, I think I emailed you a whole load of info on schools via your vendor 😊 Welcome to the neighbourhood!