activity classes for a preschooler?

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
dorino

activity classes for a preschooler?

Post by dorino »

Can anyone recommend a local class for my 3 yr old girl?
Either a dance/drama class, or a gymnastics based one that is not too expensive and good for a lively little girl? I've found one or two things that look good, but are all held in the early afternoon of days when I'm at work so unfortunately we're unable to attend for now.
I thought asking on here for any classes Sydenham people could recommend would be a good idea...anyone?
KM

Re: activity classes for a preschooler?

Post by KM »

I'm trying to find out the same! I am about to stop work so trying to find out what is going on too for my 3.5 year old.
I have some sporty info for pre schoolers: mini tennis at Park Langley in Beckenham (don't think Sydenham offers it for 3 year olds); £5 per session, over a lunch time during the week, and payment per term. Kangley Bridge offer swimming lessons per term, and for lessons starting in March, I was told to call in Feb.
I wonder if anyone else has any other ideas?
Kate

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Susie1791

Post by Susie1791 »

There is a new class starting in Sydenham library on a Thursday (starts tomorrow), it's run by Stages UK and is a story telling, music and art class. They ran a session before Xmas as part of the Christmas festivities and it was really fun and engaging. Attaching the website with further info (http://www.stagesuk.net/Classes-and-Workshops.html)
Maria

Post by Maria »

I've just found out more information about the Thursday sessions at Sydenham Library staring tomorrow. There is Move to the Music at 10.15 am (£2.50) and at 11 am Storytime for Toddlers (£3.50). Concessions apply and the first session you attend is free.
The number to ring for further information is 07932 042 151.
Mazzer

Post by Mazzer »

There's a dance class on Saturday mornings at St John's church on Penge High Street, we do the one for 1.5 - 3 year olds and I think there's another for 3+ year-olds. The teacher is great. Her email address is: helenlinkenbagh@gmail.com
LWhiston

Post by LWhiston »

Hi,
Apart from the music and storytelling sessions at Sydenham Library we also run drop-in drama classes for pre-schoolers on Friday morning for 3-5yrs (11-12noon) and Saturdays (10-11am) at St Hilda's Church, Courtrai Road, Brockley. First session is free and it's £4.50 per class. If you go to more than one class you get a discount. Full details on our website www.stagesuk.net. We hope to see you at one of our sessions. Lyn
BingBong

Post by BingBong »

HelenL

Post by HelenL »

Hello!

Thanks for posting about my classes, Mazzer!

I am a fully qualified dance teacher with a BA (Hons) in Dance Education and a Postgraduate Diploma in Choreography. I am registered as a full teaching member of the Royal Academy of Dance.

I run two classes on Saturday mornings at St John's Church, High Street, Penge.
Creative Dance for 3 to 6yrs at 9.30am
Parent and Toddler Dance for 18m to 3yrs at 10.15am

Both classes have a emphasis on creativity and imagination. Set to beautiful and inspiring music, the children are encouraged to engage with the music whilst learning basic movements that enhance both gross and fine motor skills.

Classes run in 6 week blocks, with the next session commencing on 25th February (after half-term).

Please call or email for further information.

Helen x

helenlinkenagh@gmail.com