Which are the best primary schools in the Sydenham area?

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Raphael

Which are the best primary schools in the Sydenham area?

Post by Raphael »

We need to start putting our son's name down on primary school waiting list. Which ones in and around Sydenham would people recommend? And which ones should be avoid?
Suzee

Re: Which are the best primary schools in the Sydenham area?

Post by Suzee »

There aren't waiting lists for state schools, it's all done on siblings and distance. You can go to open days, then apply to your borough by 15th Jan next year. You can apply outside your borough. Each borough publishes the furthest distance a place was offered in their 'starting school leaflet' on their website. This gives an idea on whether you have a chance of getting in.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
KM

Post by KM »

Have a look at Lewisham's website for Admissions Policies for each school in the borough. It will also give you information on number of applications made per school, furthest distance of children from the school, appeals made etc.
Get in touch with schools now to find out when their open days are. I heard that one local school is only offering one Open Day this term.
My daughter has just started at St Bart's and I'm really happy with it so far - she has lovely teachers and there is a good feel to the school.
tonyade

Post by tonyade »

We're thinking about applying to St Bart's for our daughter. We live on Silverdale but are not churchgoers. Not sure what our chances are of getting her in.