Live Cat Manoeuvre

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Tim Lund

Live Cat Manoeuvre

Post by Tim Lund »

Our still alive cat manoeuvred itself incredibly high up an ash tree in a neighbour's garden, and has been stuck up there now nearly 24 hours, mewing piteously. We hope we can get a tree surgeon to rescue her tomorrow. Meanwhile, crows and magpies circle.
JulietP

Re: Live Cat Manoeuvre

Post by JulietP »

Awww :-(

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Still there this evening. Apparently cats sometines stay stuck up trees for days.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Maria

Post by Maria »

Do you need the name of a tree surgeon? Goodness, the poor thing!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

We've got two - she should be rescued tomorrow. Glad she's far enough away that we won't hear her mews - but we'll be thinking of her :(
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

They do sometimes come down by themselves. One of mine got stuck. She kept trying to come down head first and losing her nerve. Our other cat (they are sisters) went up to join her, making us think we now had two stuck cats. But the second cat showed the first how to come down backwards. She did it over and over, climbing up and going down backwards, closely watched by her sister, who eventually followed her down using the same technique.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

As a boy I had a cat who'd worked out about coming down trees backwards, but I'm afraid this one has no older and wiser mentor to show her. Should I, perhaps, try to demonstrate?

The tree surgeon will be rescuing her this afternoon, cost £50.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Perhaps I should start hiring out my tree-savvy cat to perform rescues. Could be a nice little earner.

Hope your rescue goes smoothly. While your tree surgeon is there, can you ask him (or her) how much they'd charge me to remove a long length of bubble wrap that has been struck in one of my trees for a year? Was hoping the big storm would remove it, but no.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

ready for action:

The moment of capture

Ready to let the cat out of the bag
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Oh, bless her little white paws. Glad she's safe and sound.
michael

Post by michael »

Now that she is down I hope Tim is going to let the cat out of the bag.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

rod taylor wrote:Congratulations Tim! She won't do that again.
I wouldn't claim such insight into cat psychology.
marymck

Post by marymck »

Tim Lund wrote:
rod taylor wrote:Congratulations Tim! She won't do that again.
I wouldn't claim such insight into cat psychology.
Show her the middle picture. She'd be mortified and never want to put herself in that embarrassing position again. :lol:
Maria

Post by Maria »

Oh phew.... call me over emotional (I don't care) but I don't think I would have slept all night... Well done: she looked really funny stuck in the bag!
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

If you want emotion, this was her the first morning of her ordeal, taken with extra optical zoom and 4 x digital zoom, so not great quality given hand held.

See that worried little face? The carrion crows were circling, and I was wondering if they were thinking she would indeed be carrion for them soon. Would this be the last image I had of her? Well, she's just come in to rub herself against my legs, as if she knew we'd been worrying about her.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Joined us for dinner this evening with her career fiftieth confirmed mouse kill

which was thankfully dead, and which she promptly ate.

So much more civilised than alive, running around on the bed, at 4.00 am, which had recently had her banned.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Tim
I think £50 was a very reasonable call out charge and probably cheaper and safer than an air rifle .
I'm glad your moggie is safe
A very good morning
Nigel
alywin

Post by alywin »

A few days ago, we were watching as a neighbour's cat a few doors down managed to get its paws caught in some nasty wire netting on top of a fence. I was standing there, heart in mouth, wondering if I was going to have to run down the road and bang on (hopefully) the right door to get someone to do something, but fortunately the cat eventually managed to extricate itself before it fell off the fence and started dangling pitifully. Cats will be cats, I suppose.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

What a brilliant set of posts. As someone who has just got a couple of cats this was very entertaining. Thanks Tim. I suspect your cat or you didn't find it particularly entertaining though. Glad she's safe.

Cheers

G-man