Recommended surveyor? (boring I know!)

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
JMLF

Recommended surveyor? (boring I know!)

Post by JMLF »

Hello hopefully fingers crossed soon to be neighbours.
I've had an offer accepted on a place off Kirkdale and am looking for a recommended surveyor.
Be great if anyone has any recommendations!

Cheers and apologies for the boring message!

Jon
bag lady

Re: Recommended surveyor? (boring I know!)

Post by bag lady »

Hi and welcome to kirkdale, several years ago i used, Robert Austin here are his contact details,
Battersea Surveyor Limited
Chartered Surveyors
105 Thurleigh Rd
London SW12 8TY
Mob: 07976 840885
Fax: 0207 7713081
E-mail: rob1.austin@gmail.com
www.batterseasurveyor.co.uk
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Many thanks baglady but have already plumped with someone through a bit of a recommendation and a squizz at the internet. Think the vendor would like everything to go through as soon as possible so am on it to appease!

PS: Thank you for the positive "welcome to kirkdale" comment even though I'm prob gonna be a bit of a nervous wreck over the next couple of months hoping everything goes smoothly and it doesn't fall through!

Jon
Maria

Post by Maria »

Well, after the comments you posted re The Windmill there will be loads of us wishing you good luck so that you move here soon, I tell you! But if it doesn't work don't worry - this area is awash with beautiful houses, you will find one, you'll see!
mosy

Post by mosy »

A vendor wanting to push a sale through quickly ought to be a warning sign to a surveyor - hopefully you mentioned that? There could be valid reasons (like solicitors can be weirdly slow), but any genuine faults found can be used as a price negotiation tactic, or might even be a fault too far after close inspection. Fingers crossed.