Sydenham welcomes Tattoo Shop

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
hilsbee

Re: Sydenham welcomes Tattoo Shop

Post by hilsbee »

Welcome indeed to a new business and I wish Rob every success - I'm not a tattoo lover at all, but that's my problem :D

But it's good to see someone having the guts to try and set up a business in these difficult times, and it's great that our area has a variety of businesses to suit all tastes!

Hils
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

I saw the shop and groaned. Then Mrs G and I walked over. We looked inside and it looks a really lovely space. Very tastefully done. Lots of thought has gone into it. The signage is nice too. Good luck to you! Despite not being inked I might pop in and have a look anyway.

G-Man
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Just thought would copy and paste my reply to the other thread as it's positive and feels more at home here :)

Congratulations rob. The place looks real smart - particularly enjoying the signage and windows.
Assume be nicer/easier to do a life-drawing class with a local artist leading the way but one if my mates recently opened a online life drawing class etc and cosistently goes to them and wonder if come a little while and this plan comes into action I could ask if he may fancy leading it.
Just shout anytime if would like me to contact him/pass on his details.

Secondly, along the same sorts of lines ive got a few arty mates who go to classes/events and "drink and draw"/"drink and doodle" things seem to be a pretty popular thing. Obviously no idea how this may fit into your personal/business preferences or licensing rules for one off/monthly events but again just an idea with someone like "late knights" brewery (see the microbrewery post) providing the booze.

Good luck with everything and looking forward to hearing developments,

Jon
wen

Post by wen »

I don't have tattoos either, but sister and friends do :) I like seeing the addition of the tattoo shop to that side of Kirkdale, very nice signage and the glass view gives a lovely glimpse of the art hanging inside. Good luck to Rob and everyone else involved in the business!
daliftkid

Post by daliftkid »

Than you all for your lovely words guys, I'm really felling like i picked a great area to start the business, with such a supporting community and a nice reception it really helps ease the fears of a start up.

I hope to do alot with the space involving the community @JMLF I'll definitely get at you once im ready to go and get the details of your friend, I understand tattoo shops have a stigma attached to them and you cant please everyone, but i do want to give a little something back to the community cos without the community how do you survivre as a business.

Rob
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

Good luck with it - it looks excellent.
FromCtoShiningC

Post by FromCtoShiningC »

yes - best of luck with the new venture. It would be great to see a tattoo image on the shop front sign :-) Now that would be cool…. I've seen some lovely painted signs (a great way to show off the art too)

Welcome to Sydenham...