SAT NAV

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
MR G.

SAT NAV

Post by MR G. »

I want to buy a sat nav for my car and have no idea which to go for. Any kind folk been particularly impressed with their own? Thanks.
PJWSON

Hi Mr G

Post by PJWSON »

You realy can't go wromg with a TomTom 1.

It is the most reliable on the market with great after care from the customer services team if needed.

My neighbour borrowed it for a trip to Scotland and it worked fantastically.

You can get some fantastic deals on new TomToms on Ebay.
Thats where I got mine from , brand new and alot cheaper than street prices.

If you have any further questions or want to know more, post a reply.

Kind Regards
Pjwson
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Depending what kind of Mobile phone you have, you can buy software and install Tom Tom on there. I have a Nokia N73 (also had Nokia N70); bought the software for £2 on ebay and a GPS receiver for £17 (thats about the size of a matchbox) and hey presto I have a fully working Tom Tom Navigator 6 up and running with the latest speed camera sites (Tom Tom gives an audible waring when approaching) and places of interest.

Just one warning what ever you get do NOT leave it in your car or leave any indication that you might have one (leaving cradle on dash board).
chrisf

Sat Nav

Post by chrisf »

(Before this gets wiped by admin this is a genuine reply from a genuine guy)

Tomtom 510 is ideal. You can pick em up quite cheap. Unlike the 910 it does not have the remote control which is great in the back seat of a limo but silly when the unit is at hands reach. The 510 has safety cameras and all software to update on PC. Also you get mains charger, car charger, external mic, nice size screen and carry case. It covers all of Great Britain. I don't see myself driving in america or canada or even europe, but if i want to i can update at extra cost later or whenever i choose online. it also has bluetooth and you can dial from it and has built in speaker. I would recommend getting a protective screen cover from ebay or pc world to stop it getting scratched. it is invisible and very easy to fit and does not leave marks behind if you wanna peel it off again. Keeping the original peeloff screen protector makes the display look dimmer and looks tacky after a while.
The Eagle

Re: Sat Nav

Post by The Eagle »

chrisf wrote:(Before this gets wiped by admin this is a genuine reply from a genuine guy)
Why would admin remove this?