coffee Bar Research for Sydenham

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
clive palumbo

coffee Bar Research for Sydenham

Post by clive palumbo »

Dear residents,

without giving too much away I would like your opinion on the following;

1. a good coffee bar/deli name?
2. your favourite coffee?
3. favourite panini and sandwiches?
4. any value added service products you would like to see?

Any help would be appreciated. Who know's please watch this space.

Regards

Coffee Bar
The Eagle

Re: coffee Bar Research for Sydenham

Post by The Eagle »

clive palumbo wrote:Dear residents,

without giving too much away I would like your opinion on the following;

1. a good coffee bar/deli name?

Regards

Coffee Bar

'Not A Pound Shop'
annabel mclaren

Post by annabel mclaren »

How about 'Cafe Hero' - shameless rip-off of my fave chain... and appropriate for everyone who struggles on to the trains first thing in the morning! My favourite coffee(s) are Cappucino and Latte (depends on the time of day); crossaints and home-made cakes; fresh soups for on the way home... I could go on and on!
stuart

Post by stuart »

Ahem - when we were thinking of using the HSBC/Midland Bank premises - I thought of the name 'Bean Counters'. It's available at the price of lifetime supply of expresso to any premises interested ...

Stuart
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

How about some Fairtrade coffees?

Definately home made cakes, pastries, muffins and cookies!

Dare I mention space for buggy access?!! :wink:
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Call it PERKdale
Kirkdale:Perkdale geddit?

i'll get my coat... :lol:
jonekt

Post by jonekt »

Skinny lattes, low-fat muffins and salads will definately get me through the door..
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Bean Counters would be a great name!

I second the request for a really cracking low fat muffin.
lizzie

Post by lizzie »

Fairtrade / organic coffee and soya milk please! And a good range of herbal teas. Food wise, I'm vegan so I don't expect to be catered for as a matter of course, but something to eat would be nice.
ms_pink_princess

Post by ms_pink_princess »

Hey Clive,

Twinkle was telling me about this new venture. Loving the idea!! Will think about a name. Must tell you that I really like panini's with chorizo!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!

Laura :lol:
pip

Post by pip »

The Coff Inn, would be dead good. coffee to die for. served at the tablet. :cry:
Come on Clive, spill the beans the suspense is killing me.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

I'd like to see fresh crispy baguettes like you get in france. Filled with butter, cheese and branston pickle or cheese and ham or salami (but only if its all top quality). Plus maybe some lettuce.

Felafels are also are nice but only if they're hot in a pitta bread or cold in brown sliced bread with loads of fresh chopped parsley and some humous.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Home-made cakes, salads, freshly squeezed juices, pretty much everything they have in Zucker. What's happened to Zucker, I see it is closed. Only holiday I hope?
thorperesident

Post by thorperesident »

Welcome to the cafe.

We'd like evening opening, with light veggie meals: simple soups, salads, tarts etc. Domali in Crystal Palace is frequented by many Sydenham residents and might be worth a visit.

Good if some foods could be takeaway too.

Top quality coffee eg Illy.

We hear rumours that there may be a deli, which would be great. Please don't replicate what we can buy easily elsewhere in the health food shop or the many mediterranean/Middle Eastern shops (eg olives, feta).

Would really like artisan/organic wholemeal and speciality breads, cheeses, take away foods. Top quality things produced on a small scale. At the moment we go to East Dulwich, Borough Market, Greenwich or Blackheath for these foods.

Good luck!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

As mentioned above (and sometimes in earlier threads of a similar nature) Domali in Crystal Palace are good. In fact I'd recommend you rip off as much of what they do as is legally possible!
thorperesident

Post by thorperesident »

PS forgot to say: smoothies/fresh juices please. Also no smoking on any tables outside. If you do permit smoking, it's horrible for everyone just walking up and down the road/into the cafe. And it makes it impossible for non smokers to sit outside. This is a problem at the Dolphin and would be even more of an issue for a cafe which I expect will want to attract families with children.
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Thomas wrote:As mentioned above (and sometimes in earlier threads of a similar nature) Domali in Crystal Palace are good. In fact I'd recommend you rip off as much of what they do as is legally possible!
...but with decent service! :D
clive palumbo

Post by clive palumbo »

Guys,

man thanks for your continued feedback. I firmly believe that as Sydenham is such a good community any business venture should cater for the residents. What I will start doing is posting (especially the Deli) products which I am considering; and your honest feedback will be appreciated. I will obviously go with the majority.

On another note, whoever provides the best idea/feedback will be invited to a coffee and cake tasting event all free of charge. I want to ensure the best coffee for everyone.

Please keep writing.
AliT

Post by AliT »

well... where to start... deli goods - good organic bread (especially sour dough), focaccia, yummy fruit tarts, chorizo, parma ham, fresh pesto, lots of wonderful cheeses - many from the UK, decent olives.... that sort of thing. Good luck and keep us posted.
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

Clive - this all sounds great. Did you know that the Blue Mountain cafe is opening up just along from the Kirkdale Bookshop?