Kitchen extension - any recommendations for builders

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Andy Tough

Kitchen extension - any recommendations for builders

Post by Andy Tough »

Does anyone have any recommendations for builders who could take on a kitchen extension and associated works? We've received quotes from builders recommended by architect, but they're all much higher than we were expecting. We'd like to see if there are any local builders who can provide a competitive quote. Ideally want to start the work as soon as possible.

Many thanks
Rachael

Re: Kitchen extension - any recommendations for builders

Post by Rachael »

I can recommend One Stop Builders in Beckenham http://onestopbuilding.co.uk/aboutus.htm but I don't know if you'll find them any cheaper than the ones recommended by the architect. If you can find it in your budget to use them, though, you won't regret it. Their work is done to a very high standard and they are very professional and easy to have around the home. In the unlikely event of any remedial work needing to be done, using someone local is ideal. I've had the boss come round on his push bike on a Friday evening to sort out a leak from my plumbed-in fridge! Despite the eye-wateringly high initial outlay, I believe I've saved money - and stress - in the long run.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

I can massively recommend Leo Sherbinsky and his team. They have done a lot of work for us over the years - an entire refurb of both of our houses we have had in Sydenham in Highclere St and Knighton Pk Rd.

Leo can be contacted on 07919 532451 - he is tricky to get hold of due to how busy he is - say Ceri or Toby put you on to him.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

We've used Brian Brooks for lots of work at our house and have found him fantastic. He works to high standards, is totally reliable, straightforward to deal with, and he doesn't charge you the earth. His number is 07909-863980.

Raphael