Builder recommendation - kitchen / side return

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
bay1978

Builder recommendation - kitchen / side return

Post by bay1978 »

We are looking for recommendations of a good reliable builder / building services company to quote on some building work required to our kitchen and talk through options available for a kitchen side return extension.
Many thanks
Willy

Re: Builder recommendation - kitchen / side return

Post by Willy »

we just had Taylor Building (http://www.taylorbuilding.co.uk/) do a loft conversion for us but I know they also do extensions and the like as we discussed doing one as well, quality of the work was very good so happy to recommend them.
Raphael

Post by Raphael »

I can't recommend Brian Brooks highly enough. He's done loads of work for us and other people I've recommended him to have also been full of praise. He knows his stuff about kitchens, extensions and anything to do with building. He can be contacted on 07909-863980.

Raphel
bay1978

Post by bay1978 »

Thank you very much for these recommendations I will get in contact with them.
chi-square

Post by chi-square »

I can recommend Brian too. He only recently completed work involving my kitchen, toilet and bathroom and I can vouch for his work ethic, honesty and high standards.

Operating in a very small area had its challenges, from manoeuvring around the space to scaling work to size. Brian anticipated problems such as siting a shower tray slightly above an unusually high waste (a side benefit -I learnt plumber lingo too) 8) and responded with ingenious solutions. In this case, he adapted an everyday duckboard for use as a step by mounting it on a wooden base.

Not cheap, and a bit of a snob about his materials; but well worth the expense and patience, as his work is built to last, with the attention to the minutest detail only one proud of his craft and dedicated to it could produce. I still often find a reason to walk into my toilet and bathroom: the transformation is amazing and very pleasing. Would I use Brian again? Yes, and yes ...and even wait months to get him.