CRYSTAL PALACE PARK VICTORIAN WEEKEND: 2 & 3 July 2005

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Melvyn Harrison

CRYSTAL PALACE PARK VICTORIAN WEEKEND: 2 & 3 July 2005

Post by Melvyn Harrison »

THE CRYSTAL PALACE FOUNDATION
84 Anerley Road London SE19 2AH United Kingdom
Registered Charity Number 285563

Website: www.crystalpalacefoundation.org.uk email: crystalpalacefoundation@hotmail.com

Tel: 07889 338812

Dear Friend 16 January 2005

CRYSTAL PALACE PARK VICTORIAN WEEKEND: 2nd & 3rd JULY 2005

The Crystal Palace Foundation is staging its annual Victorian Weekend on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd of July 2005 in Crystal Palace Park, in association with the Crystal Palace Park Rangers. On behalf of the Trustees of the Crystal Palace Foundation, I would like to invite you to take part in this year’s event.

The Crystal Palace stood in what is now Crystal Palace Park from 1854 until it was sadly destroyed by fire in November 1936. The Palace lives on in the memory of local people and through the work of the Crystal Palace Foundation, the leading local history group on the Palace and a registered charity.

The Victorian weekend will involve a variety of activities designed to reflect the history of the Palace and Park, including guided walks, Victorian and Edwardian funfair and amusements, brass bands and more. The programme will be finalised over the next few weeks and we hope to attract large numbers of visitors.

This year’s event will take place at the Penge Gate end of Crystal Palace Park (see enclosed map). The event will run from 11.00am to 5.00pm on Saturday and Sunday. Marquee space and tables will be available for stallholders on payment of a fee (which will go towards the cost of hire and other expenses):

 Inside the CPF marquee: Registered Charities and societies with a charitable purpose: £20/day, £30 both days. Crafts/Trade £50/day, £75 both days.
 Outside or in own marquee: Charities/societies: £10/day, £15 both days. Crafts/Trade £25/day, £40 both days.

If you would like to take part in the Crystal Palace Victorian weekend by having a stall or in any other way, please complete the enclosed reply slip and return it to me at the address below by 31 May 2005.

Roy Hathaway, 103 Salehurst Road, Brockley, London SE4 1AR

Important: if you wish to have a stall at this event, please enclose with your reply a cheque made payable to “The Crystal Palace Foundation” for the correct amount as indicated above.

Those who write confirming they wish to take part will receive further information from the CPF in May/June 2005, setting out the locations of marquees and stalls, the arrangements for loading and unloading, and on-site security.

I do hope you will be able and willing to take part in this exciting event and so help the Foundation and the local community to celebrate the Crystal Palace and its heritage.

Yours sincerely,

Roy Hathaway
On behalf of the Trustees of the Crystal Palace Foundation

REPLY SLIP

Please complete and return to Roy Hathaway, 103 Salehurst Road, Brockley, London SE4 1AR to arrive no later than 31 May 2005.

I confirm that……………………………………………………………………
(insert name of individual/organisation) would like to take part in the Crystal Palace Park Victorian weekend event on 2nd & 3rd July 2005.

Name and telephone number of contact in the event of queries about this application……………………………………………………………………..

For stallholders

I would like to have a stall on 2 July/3 July/both days (delete as applicable)

My organisation is a charity or society/crafts or trade (please delete whichever does not apply)

My organisation does/does not wish to be located within the CPF marquee (please delete as applicable)

If you are located inside the CPF marquee, one table and one chair per stall will be provided. If you require more than chair please indicate the number you require here (please note that is an additional charge of £1.50 per chair if you require more than one chair)………………………………………………………………............

I do/do not require electricity supply (if you do please indicate in the space below what you need it for)

……………………………………………………………………………………

I enclose a cheque for £……. made payable to the Crystal Palace Foundation to contribute towards cost of hire of the CPF marquee, tables and chairs or for an outside pitch. I understand that this is non-refundable.

NB bookings for stalls will not be accepted unless accompanied by a cheque for the correct amount – see covering letter for prices.

I confirm that my organisation has public liability insurance (please note this is a condition of participation in the event as the CPF can accept no liability for any loss or damage arising from your organisation’s presence at the event).

Signature……………………………………………………………………………

Please print your name…………………………………………………………….