Bridge House Theatre (upstairs at Bridge House Tavern)

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Almost Sydenham ( a few minutes from Lawrie Park Road) Philip Bretherton (Alastair in As Time Goes By) is appearing in Tony's Last Tape, just transferred from the Nottingham Playhouse. Wondering if anyone has seen it? A 75 minute one man show about the reflections of Tony Benn, although you don't have to have an interest in politics to enjoy it.

Sad, funny, with a liberal sprinkling of jokes, of the calibre of anything you'll see in the West End, its well worth seeing.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I've got tickets for one of the performances towards the end of this play's run at the Bridge House Theatre.

I'm delighted to read your glowing review!
topofthehill

Re: Bridge House Theatre (upstairs at Bridge House Tavern)

Post by topofthehill »

I must admit I had reservations about the calibre of a play that a friend and I were going to see in a tiny theatre in Penge.

But this performance took me completely by surprise In its acting brilliance of Philip Bretherton.
Bovine Juice

Post by Bovine Juice »

Don't underestimate this theatre. It's west end quality at local prices and on our doorstep
biscuitman1978

Bridge House Theatre - Tony's Last Tape

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I saw Tony's Last Tape at the Bridge House Theatre on Saturday evening and thought it was excellent. Philip Bretherton was superb.

If this play is any indication of the usual standard of performances at the theatre then we are indeed very lucky to have it on our doorsteps.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

I went to the last performance on Sunday and couldn't agree more.

With the Brockley Jack Studio, a recognised "Offie", and the Bridge House Theatre we are well served by local buses with easy to get to venues. Add the recently opened East Dulwich Picturehouse (3-screens) which is only 20 minutes away from Cobbs Corner either by 176 bus (direct) or 197, change at Dulwich Library, for 176 or 185 bus services, both of which are brilliant bus routes, locally at least.

Even more reasons to move to Sydenham...