Good GP at Wells Park?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Newtothearea

Good GP at Wells Park?

Post by Newtothearea »

Hi all, I'm new to Sydenham and loving this friendly, leafy town :D

I have some chronic health problems and really need a sympathetic, helpful GP. My closest surgery is Wells Park, but I've read that some docs there are great and some are really bad.

Without slandering any bad docs, could someone recommend me a good one at that practice?

Many thanks!
Bunty

Re: Good GP at Wells Park?

Post by Bunty »

Hello
I have been at wells park for a couple of years and was close to leaving but saw a lovely female doctor this week who has changed my mind for now. I asked her if I could request to see her and apparently you can request although not assigned to individual docs. That said,... Getting an appt is an absolute nightmare! But bear with it if you can as you should be able to see your local GP when needed. Sorry for the ramble! The Dr I saw was Anya Kabakova. I have also seen Dr Ruth Williams who was also nice. Best of luck :)
AliceK

Post by AliceK »

I've been with Wells Park for three years now and I haven't yet had a bad experience.

The doctors there are very sensitive and thorough. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

We've been going there as a family, for years, and have never had a bad experience with any of the doctors.
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

Dr Ruth Williams is fabulous and so is Dr Catherine Ward. Be aware though that if you need injections of any kind (as in steroid inections for chronic pain) not all the Drs can administer them and I once got an appt with a locum who couldn't do it. I know that Dr R can and Dr Kangestan (though he hasn't got Dr Ruth's gentle hand, ouch !!). So anyway, if you have that sort of problem just be sure you tell them at reception. And yes, getting an appt is a nightmare.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

fishcox wrote:We've been going there as a family, for years, and have never had a bad experience with any of the doctors.
So have we and nor have we. I agree that getting an appointment with the doctor you want to see can be very difficult, particularly for non-urgent appointments which you want to book in advance.
STILL GROWING STRONG

Post by STILL GROWING STRONG »

I have been a patient at Wells Park for approx 15 years. Yes, it is a nightmare trying to get an appointment, although they are very good at seeing children urgently. Also, the frontline staff assess each case on its merits and, if you really do need to be seen or talk to a GP, they go out of their way to accommodate you if at all possible. All of the GPs and nurses are extremely kind, caring and compassionate. In particular, from experience,I can highly recommend Drs Ward, Kabakova and Adegoke. I think the appointment issue is probably true of most practices but, once you do get seen, you are never rushed and the GPs give you their undivided attention. Good luck!