Thinking of moving to Lower Sydenham

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
kesh88

Post by kesh88 »

Hi everyone,

I have been looking for a place for over a year now. When I originally started looking I was only looking at areas in South West London. The reason being, having always lived in Sutton I'm fairly familiar with the area and most friends and family live there. As time went on, prices went up. I was priced out of the area and found myself looking at areas in South East London.

At present the only thing suitable seems to be in Lower Sydenham and I am considering purchasing a flat on Moremead road, near Lower Sydenham station
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Mor ... e78e653078

I have very little knowledge of what it's like in the area so I had a quick search online to find out what people think and find out a bit more info about Lower Sydenham. What I found wasn't great, however it did seem rather biased and it was also dated. I was hoping to get an up to date idea of what it's like living in Lower Sydenham.

I would love to hear your opinions and any feedback would be very much appreciated :)
Tim Lund

Re: Thinking of moving to Lower Sydenham

Post by Tim Lund »

Don't know so much about the other side of the Pool River, but you're nice and close to Sainsbury's.

Just be careful of the kingfishers you get around there.

Nature Conservation Lewisham
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

kesh88 wrote:At present the only thing suitable seems to be in Lower Sydenham and I am considering purchasing a flat on Moremead road, near Lower Sydenham station
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Mor ... e78e653078

I have very little knowledge of what it's like in the area so I had a quick search online to find out what people think and find out a bit more info about Lower Sydenham. What I found wasn't great, however it did seem rather biased and it was also dated. I was hoping to get an up to date idea of what it's like living in Lower Sydenham.

I would love to hear your opinions and any feedback would be very much appreciated
Just in case you haven't seen it, the recent thread at https://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13413 includes quite a few comments on Lower Sydenham.

Good luck with your search!
kesh88

Post by kesh88 »

Thanks for the replies.

Clearly my searching skills need some working on. That thread was very insightful. Thanks!
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Mormead Road is really on the Bellingham Estate: a large sprawling 1920's(?) development. It does have some issues around anti social behaviour etc. but, then again, what areas don't.

Go for a wander late afternoon and into the evening and get a feel for the place.