Lotto or Euromillions?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
GemStone

Lotto or Euromillions?

Post by GemStone »

Hello to all,

At a time such as now, with both jackpots for both Lotto & Eurommillions rising high. 16.2 & 121 million pounds respectively.
So being a somewhat greedy person, I'm torn between choosing which ticket to purchase. Do I opt for the Euromillions and pay £2.50 a line or settle for the Lotto and pay £2.00?
......like I said I'm somewhat greedy so I decided to buy both. Not only did I buy both, but I bought 4 lines of each. Even though the odds of me winning are minute, I still purchased extra lines with the hope of gaining extra chances.

How ridiculous am I?

I bet on the horses just once a year on the Grand National, I never go to a betting shop other than that. Yet I spent £18.00 with a hope of striking it rich.

Penny for your thoughts

Jim
Eagle

Re: Lotto or Euromillions?

Post by Eagle »

How much better you would feel giving the money directly to a respectable charity.

Or try Premium Bonds.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Hmm. With the outrageous odds (like 140 million to one), I'd reckon that if Fate was on my side and I truly believed it was, I'd only need one ticket and one line to win. If I bought lots of lines it wouldn't show conviction in Fate. Probably wouldn't win of course but blue moon betting? Why not? Probably better not to make a habit of it ;)
mosy

Post by mosy »

I forgot to say, if you have given me a penny for my thoughts, can I give it back to you for one 1800th of your winnings please?
GemStone

Post by GemStone »

I rarely give money to charity. Though if I won a fortune, I've always thought I'd buy the RNLI a lifeboat & fund its use for many years.
To be honest, I did wonder after I had originally posted here, how many replies I'd get - & how many pennies I'd have to shell out :lol:
Anyway, there were no winners and it rolls over again, so looks like I'm shelling out again :!:
Old habits.