restaurant for a family celebrating

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
CrazyJayZ

restaurant for a family celebrating

Post by CrazyJayZ »

Hi everyone! :)

We moved to Sydenham two months ago, and in February are celebrating husbands birthday 8) Want to book a table for a family dinner, can someone advice a good restaurant with tasty european food, friendly staff, and reasonable prices?

Was thinking about On The Hoof, but not sure now, as have found controversial opinions about their attitude towards children... And we will have four pretty noisy ones :roll: And, obviously, they are our main pain... :mrgreen:

Thanks in advance for your opinion!
MagmaTimes

Re: restaurant for a family celebrating

Post by MagmaTimes »

Trattoria Rafaelle without a doubt
SepticSkeptic

Post by SepticSkeptic »

Always found on the hoof brilliant with kids.
Trat Raf obviously great as well.
My only deciding factor between the two is what food you'd like.
iandavenport

Post by iandavenport »

I'd second Raff's as a great venue, but if you decide on it , I'd book soon, especially if your party is large, as following the Trip Adviser episode last year he seems to be full every night.
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

I'll throw in a curveball: The Goldsmiths Arms in Penge. Despite being a pub, it's very good for kids (lots of space, boardgames, table football etc) and the food, as with all Antic pubs, is very good. Obviously, it being a pub and you having kids, you're better off going during the day or early evening, and you may need to check whether they have a cut-off point in the evening for allowing children.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Trattroia is great with kids.
On the Hoof is great with kids.

Both are local Sydenham gems.

Goldsmiths is great too.
The Crystal Palace Market on Church Street, Crystal Palace is great with kids too.
The Paxton is another good place in Gypsy Hill for a meal with kids, especially if they are energetic! They all have really good staff.

There are lots of options locally and in the surrounding areas.
Pally

Post by Pally »

Trattoria Raffaele by a mile
CrazyJayZ

Post by CrazyJayZ »

Hi guys!

Thanks a lot for your advice!!! Have booked Trattoria Raffaele (I adore Italian cuisine) and had an awsome evening, both adults and children. Kids of course mostly ate only pizza and enjoyed it. I loved their new Pollo ai fungi))) Our guests liked pasta and seafood.
The atmosphere was very friendly, and the srvice was excellent!

Many thanks to all of you :D :!: