Sydenham TV

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
simon

Sydenham TV

Post by simon »

Just been viewing the new feature on the hompage; great stuff! Particularly liked the film of the motor racing at Crystal Palace; those Ford Anglias and Cortinas racing about the park. Can more or less work out where the track went, its narrower now. The Steve Ovett video was good too and never realised the Italian Job was filmed there, but aren't some of the music videos links to Sydenham a little tenuous? Penge's Sid Vicious? Forest Hill's Stereolab would be nice!
All of a sudden we are overwhemled by new local media; the new news site and now TV. All we need now is a community radio station ;)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I thought it would be nice to overwhelm Penge & Forest Hill a bit. I really like the FH Crew video. Can we persuade someone to do the same for SE26?

Down the Pub young Barman Bill is organising a Eurovision SingalongVideoBox which we will put online in the same way shortly when SydenhamTV goes multi-channel. You may have noted that sydenham.tv has been registered ...

Again any suggestions welcome. If I get none I will be forced to include this excruciating Kenny Everett interview with our very own Sydenham Stone:

http://www.sydenham.tv/cgi-bin/sydtv_ju ... 0wSQv5MzRo

Admin
DigitalFX

Post by DigitalFX »

I agree Simon,

The new video's are great to watch. Love watching Steve and his tour of the Forest Hill baths, it was well put together.

Crystal Palace looked great in them days and is was nice to see the sports stadium full and in operation.

Looking forward to seeing more local video's on here soon.

Gaz
Annie

Post by Annie »

:lol:
Thanks Steve loved the video of Forest Hill baths, i learnt more watching that then i have in 30 odd years of living in sydenham! Any more? haha

Loved the new front page as well. :D
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Nice addition to the site, well done.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sydenham TV

Post by admin »

simon wrote:but aren't some of the music videos links to Sydenham a little tenuous? Penge's Sid Vicious? Forest Hill's Stereolab would be nice!
You ain't seen nothing yet in tenuousness. Last night I added Connie Fisher! See here: http://sydenham.tv/tv_musicians.html

Re Stereolab: Googling said they came from Camberwell. It would be good to know the Forest Hill connection as I found a nice Jools Holland set. Over to you Simon.

Anymore?
bigbadwolf

sydenham tv

Post by bigbadwolf »

Admin, I was wondering if apart from searching for footage relating to Sydenham an Forest hill wether we could upload footage we've made ourselves wether it be a good night out in either postcodes, short documentary or whatever which relates to both areas. All should be in good taste and be subject to your scrutiny before being made available to forum members. I tried this thread on se23.com but seeing as it's a staid and more o.a.p friendly site (although alot more active than stf though) it was dismissed. Apart from admin anyone else have any input on my sugestion?
sugahill cafe

local musicians

Post by sugahill cafe »

You could add M.A.R.R.S/Pump up the volume this spent weeks at no.1 and was produced by foresthill resident dj/producer CJ Mckintosh.
admin
Site Admin

Re: sydenham tv

Post by admin »

bigbadwolf wrote:we could upload footage we've made ourselves wether it be a good night out in either postcodes, short documentary or whatever which relates to both areas.
Right now while I'm building the site - the way to get on is to upload a video to YouTube and post the URL here. If I and/or other people are impressed it will get on.

As a basic principle I would expect local stuff to be of the quality/imagination of, say, Forest Hill Crew. ie not mobile phone stuff of some high jinks. The objective is an eclectic mix of stuff of which 50% should be of interest to a viewer (of course a different 50% for each viewer). I've put a rating box on each video to give me a feel for what future stuff may be worthwhile and what is not.

Looking to the future it would be good to create some content especially for Sydenham TV. I've got a few ideas (and I would like to hear more). More importantly is there anyone out there with a decent camcorder and editing skills who needs the fame of being SE26's leading video director :wink:

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Re: local musicians

Post by admin »

sgh wrote:You could add M.A.R.R.S/Pump up the volume this spent weeks at no.1 and was produced by foresthill resident dj/producer CJ Mckintosh.
I like it. Its on at: http://sydenham.tv/tv_musicians.html
Anymore - and the local connection for Stereolab?

BTW for launch next week I hope to have a short explanation/excuse set of words for each choice.

Admin
simon

Post by simon »

Admin, the contact details for Sterolab on their 1995 album Refried Electroplasm are a PO Box in SE23, and the address of their label Douphonic is also SE23. Additionally, I heard they were based in Forest Hill when I first started listening to them in 1996ish. I read an interview with them a few years ago when they were indeed said to be in Camberwell. Always the same eh? People hit the bigtime and get ideas above their station and move to Camberwell!
I'll make further enquiries.
coll

Post by coll »

I just had a look at Sydenham TV. I think you guys are doing great job. I live locally and am a big advocate of community spirit. I’m also a producer and would love to help out if you need help getting stories shot, edited and uploaded. PM me if you guys need help.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I was hoping to make Lambchops event at the Woodman on the 5th. It would be great to have some real feedback (ie lubricated with a little incahol) on the final result. It would be great if we can create some local content. Can Coll and anybody else make that ? Otherwise on Monday the 7th I'm at the Blythe Hill Tavern checking out the Pub quiz arrangements.

BTW Its just me atm. And I do have several breweries, a day job and a family to support so any help is very, very welcome.

Oh and Simon - Stereolabs are now online. One tune only. Do you have a favourite I should add?

Admin
simon

Post by simon »

Cheers Admin, Cybelle's Reverie is my favourite :)

How about some Rolf Harris?