Tonight at the Sydenham Centre

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
SydArts

Tonight at the Sydenham Centre

Post by SydArts »

Friday 21 June 8pm (Doors 7.30pm) Upstairs at the Sydenham Centre SE26 5QX www.sydenhamarts.co.uk/whats-on

MariaM is a singer/songwriter and guitarist hailing from South London, a self professed story teller, an ability she credits to her Nigerian heritage. It is an art that is passed down and learned with the family and community. She has grown up to a wonderful blend of deep drums and rhythmic melodies along with words that paint pictures. She started writing stories and writing poetry and found music was a powerful way to tell stories and relate to others. She began her singing journey supporting artists as a backing vocalist, she now sings with the well renowned choir ‘The Kingdom Choir’ who sang a heart rendering version of ‘stand by me’ at the royal wedding which has been streamed over 10 million times online and was number 1 on the gospel billboard charts. The ‘London community gospel choir’ (who have supported artist such as Tom Jones, Sam Smith and more), house DJ Kisch who have had over a million streams on ‘say your mine’ with Mariam, ‘wrap me up’ but she is stepping out into the limelight and is inviting us on that journey.