Sewer/drain location maps within home boundaries

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
GLOBAL THINKER

Sewer/drain location maps within home boundaries

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Hi,
Does anyone know where I can locate a map that shows the location of drains/sewers within the boundaries of our house?
Thanks
RJM

Re: Sewer/drain location maps within home boundaries

Post by RJM »

When was your house built? From the 1880s onwards plans for drainage were submitted to local authorities, so Lewisham Archives will have them, but they may not have more recent ones.

I think the archives are closed at the moment, but they might be able to help if you email them: https://lewisham.gov.uk/inmyarea/history/archives
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Hi RJM, it was built around 1900 so hopefully Lewisham will have something. That's really helpful, thank you. I'll get in touch with them.
mosy

Post by mosy »

The water board ought to know where the respective pipes enter your fence boundary and maybe beyond that entry point. Assuming they can tell you, they ought to be able to tell you how to detect them, including how deep they're likely to be given the known outside entry point.

If the water board can't tell you/everyone that, they surely couldn't have got away with making householders responsible for them.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Will it be on the copy of your lease, or something? I think my old flat had a map which showed where they run.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Good thought. I doubt leaseholds existed in 1900, but might be something in the deeds?